This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS signal suddenly not working:(

Hello everyone!
I’ve been using my Garmin 735xt for about 2 years now, not having any particular problems with it.
Well, today the GPS somewhat cracked and I’m not sure what to do.
Yesterday everything worked fine, GPS signal was found in about 10 seconds after starting an activity, while today it is unable to connect even after few minutes. I decided to start short ride anyway, hoping it’s gonna eventually connect, but during 30min of activity nothing happened and I had “0km ride with avg 0km/h”Upside down
Tried turning it off and on, having reset(the one with holding power button for 15s) and connecting to Garmin Connect but it’s not working Disappointed
Any suggestions?

*I have 9.80 version with 3.30 gps

• i have sent them an email regarding this last week still no reply 

Should be 3-5 business days to get a response. However, if you're not wanting to wait, I've found it very helpful to use the chat feature on Garmin Support or call during their normal business hours.

• Update ...... tried again ... did hard reset on watch got back to first intial screen then connected and used webupdater and reinstalled firmware. not garmin express. gps back to 3.30 . updater was saying software up to date 9.80 but the reinstall was 9.40 . checked watch after still on 9.80 and gps is there . left watch outside found satelittes within 2 mins . tried again 1 hr later found them within 10 seconds will wait a day and test again . downloaded webupdater from garmin themselves as mac store says version not available for catalina on macbook but seems to work fine . 

• have you come back to try?

• next day update on going lack of gps saga ..... reset watch again as no gps . managed to get back to 3.30 and catch gps held it everytime i tried . thought right go for a run time .... nope not happening gps has gone back to 0.00 . wtf . reset again back to 3.30 still no gps . frankly i will be happy when 9.8 comes out lol , and thankfully i can rely on my old trusty fenix 3 .never fails . well until garmin decide to kill it with an update 

• update on my 735. ..... garmin support replied .. gave a few possible fixes but have booked watch to be returned and replaced for £90 .

not sure if i want to do this as will it be more of the same ? and assume only come with a 90 day warrenty ? any thoughts anyone and has anyone else effected a return and replace etc 

cheers 

• Have you tried resetting the GPS? I had GPS issues with mine and resetting the GPS worked.

• yep have reset the watch several times and re synced sometimes the gps shows up as 3.30 and connects sometimes it just doesnt either connect or it resets to 0.00 . have even left it to gps soak for 20 mins then went for a run only for the gps to go off half way through the run 

• No, I am talking about resetting the GPS of the watch, not the watch itself. If you don’t know how to do it, just tell me and I’ll guide you, because this worked for me.

• hi if you have a way thats different to anything i have tried might help thanks . have tried deleting the swremote file etc 

• Ok, if you haven't tried that already, follow these steps:

Connect your watch to a computer

Find the Garmin folder and open it

Delete the folders APPS, REMOTESW, MONITOR, NEWFILES, SETTINGS, G-UPDADE (if that exists), and any .xml file

Delete the Garmin folder.

I had constant GPS issues with my 735xt. After I did this, things went better. I hope it helps.