This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

I thought the 735 was waterproof?

Well mine isn't! Tried it in the pool today and within seconds the screen had gone black. Now it wasn't fully charged so more in hope than anything else I put it on charge. Came back to it and the charger had melted and fused to the watch which had been seeping water onto the desk where it was lay. Surely this can't be right? Anybody else had a similar problem? Watch is now completely kaput and I have no charger. A ticket has been logged with Garmin
  • Surely this can't be right?

Of course it's not right. The watch is waterproof to 5 Atmospheres/50 Meters/165 Feet, so yours is clearly defective. How long have you had the watch? If you just bought it, exchange it for being defective, otherwise call Garmin and get a warranty replacement (assuming, of course, that you haven't damage it at some point thereby cracking the case).
  • That unit should have been a lemon that is not normal at all. Hope Garmin gives you a new one.
  • Hi,

Exactly the same problem today with my new watch. I recieved mine last Thursday. First swim today, started the workout and the screen went black somewhere between the first and 8th pool length... Pressing the power button (short or long) doesn't do anything anymore. I tried connecting it to the computer afterwards and the unit doesn't respond anymore...
    Clearly a bad batch of 735's. Very disappointed.

Nigel
  • Yeah, I have a Forerunner 235 and it has been in lake water, pool water, and daily in the shower. Had it since March. Sounds like they forgot to install a gasket or something at the factory with your watches!
  • Same here, annoyingly..

I bought mine in London on Saturday, went for a pool swim yesterday and it lasted 2 lengths before the screen looked corrupted.. by the third length it was black. Pretty irritating, particularly given the price.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    If any users are seeing any water ingress issues with the Forerunner 735XT please reach out to the Product Support teams so that the device can be exchanged, and investigated to determine why water was able to get into the device.
  • Oh jeez that's not good. That's quite a number of defective watches already. Well I logged a complaint last week and got the standard response so I phoned them which speeded everything up. Watch sent back on Saturday morning (at my expense) and a new one is currently with UPS on the way to me now. Everybody who has one of these should try it in the water - as long as you could possibly live without it for a fortnight. For the record I sold a 235 and a Fenix 3 to finance this and they were both fine when wet.
  • Oh jeez that's not good. That's quite a number of defective watches already.

There's no need to be dramatic. Two similar comments in a thread don't count as "quite a number of defective watches." I'm certain Garmin will have no problem replacing a defective watch.
  • Oh jeez that's not good. That's quite a number of defective watches already. Well I logged a complaint last week and got the standard response so I phoned them which speeded everything up. Watch sent back on Saturday morning (at my expense) and a new one is currently with UPS on the way to me now. Everybody who has one of these should try it in the water - as long as you could possibly live without it for a fortnight. For the record I sold a 235 and a Fenix 3 to finance this and they were both fine when wet.

not sure i could afford a fortnight, but i think i may leave it in a pitcher of water or a sink of water overnight.

so far, i've showered with mine, but no swimming yet...
  • Great customer support in my case so far.

The unit will be replaced by CleverTraining UK after sending them the defective unit and I was spontaneously contacted by Garmin Support Belgium after they read this topic!