This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

White spot covering forerunner 645 screen

A white spot has appeared on my screen as shown here. I have always had a screen protector on the device and not used it swimming. I have tried restarting the device and the spot stays. My device was bought in December 2018 -just over your 1 year warranty period...! very frustrating but hoping this can be resolved. Any ideas? Thanks

• That happen to my forerunner 645  watch after just over one year, they replaced it Oct 2020.  This week (Feb 2021) it happened again on the refurb from Oct.   They were short with me today but now I am getting a 'newly overhauled device' again.  Clearly this is a known issue.  

• I have too noticed a white spot on my Fenix 5s watch just after a year and a half. I initially didn't pay much attention to the dot, as it was small and didn't interfere with the function of the watch. However, last week (Feb 2021), the spot suddenly began to increase in size significantly; in addition, my watch suddenly switched off, and still cannot be turned on. I emailed to Garmin support - they replied and suggested that I consult with the local distributor in Lithuania. The local disturber in Lithuania (Bajtel.lv) has refused to exchange or service the watch since it was past the original warranty. This defect is considered to be a manufacturing defect, and should definitely be known to Garmin (probably is, according to the thread above, as they have previously done returns). I am surprised that such a reputable company, as Garmin, has not informed their customers of these possible defects, and refuses to acknowledge them in their manual. Unlike the individuals above, I have not been offered a return, and am quite disappointed, as I enjoyed the interfacing, and it is very useful for my job - but I am not prepared to pay this large sum of money again, for another (possibly) defective watch. In my eyes, this causes damage to Garmin as a reliable, smart watch manufacturer. 

• the spot is around 1 cm in diameter btw

• I had the same spot appear after 16 months of owning the watch. Contacted Garmin Support today and they are sending me a new one, no questions asked about warranty. I was able to pay a deposit to keep mine while they ship the new (refurbished 645 w/ music) watch. They'll refund that once they receive my old watch. Alternatively, they gave me the option to send mine back first then wait for the new watch without having to pay a deposit. Great customer service! 

• I already got my watch replaced January last year with this screen defect / white blob at 10 o’clock on the screen. Never knew it was a common issue ie manufacturing default until it happened again, this time to my replacement watch. Now it’s over 12 months since they replaced my original watch. Since it’s officially out of warranty do you think will they likely replace it again , given that it seems to be a recognised manufacturing default affecting multiple devices. 

• do you think will they likely replace it again

I would at least try contacting Garmin Support. You might be surprised at what they'll do beyond expectations. 

• Yes I think so, they did for me with the caveat that you pay, then they credit you when they get defective watch back.   Good luck!

• An update 2 years later.... after buying a replacement as Garmin wouldn't cover the warranty, this has happened again with the new watch! So disappointing, thinking may switch brands if the watch doesn't last more than 2 years Disappointed