This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 645 Series updates are live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log SW 6.50 - 645 Music Only

• Brought in improvements for CIQ media apps.
  • Various bug fixes.

645 Series Sensor Hub 6.90

• No change log available

645 Music ANT/BLE/BT 4.30

• No change log available
  • Why not include these features?

It's a safe bet the FR655 is in development.  These may be features added to this new watch.  What's the incentive for anyone to purchase a newer device if newer features are added to older models?  It makes perfect business sense for Garmin, and Garmin is in business to make money.

• If my watch was called 635 I would understand why not adding some new features...  Most of last updates was to fix bugs that was introduced with some FW... some brands release update for 5 years or more... If some features cannot be added by hardware restriction OK (such as in-water WHR or PulseOx that need the new WHR monitor) but 645 still being sold on Garmin’s website... 

But i respect your opinion

• I agree with you. in two years they have only released updates to fix problems.

• in two years they have only released updates to fix problems.

Wrong!  The following were all added since the initial release: 

Trail Run app, Physio TrueUp, REM Sleep Phase Detection, Abnormal HR Alert, manual calibration of the altimeter, enabled phone position injection to improve GPS fix times after moving long distances, Extended Display to the Garmin Edge, text reply signature, color emojis, Galileo support and Incident Detection and Assistance.

• You are right... As 645/645M are the top running watch from Garmin (let's consider 945 a triathlon watch and fênix series an outdoor sport watch)... You should agree with me that PacePro and Virtual Run is more important than emoji, right? It's nice to see some "secondary" features such as REM monitoring, HR alerts, emoji support, etc... But in my opinion people who get an Garmin watch want features for their activity... Everything else is secondary features that of course it's always good to have...

Anyway we already understand that you are happy with your watch as we all are... let's save some money to get the new one with features that are important to runners... like emoji Stuck out tongue

• It's nice to see some "secondary" features such as REM monitoring, HR alerts, etc... But in my opinion people who get an Garmin watch want features for activity.

Of the 11 added features I just posted, 4 of them (HR alert, emojis, REM and text reply signature) are the only one's that don't pertain to activities a runner or cyclist would need.

You should agree with me that PacePro and Virtual Run is more important than emoji, right?

Which features someone finds more important to runners is a matter of option.  Personally, I find Galileo, Incident Detection and Assistance and calibrating the altimeter more valuable than Pace Pro or Virtual Run, but that's just me.

• OK then... As I already post here if my watch was an 635 I would understand... But my watch is a 645/645M that is still in the Garmin's lineup (245, 645/645M and 945) and there are features being added to watch from this lineup that are not being added to 645/645M... That's only my point... I don't care if it's a 1 or 2 years old watch... It's in the same lineup... Features that have hardware limitations OK... But that's not the case... Anyway we can argue here for years and not is gonna change Stuck out tongue

• Garmin's lineup (245, 645/645M and 945) and there are features being added to watch from this lineup that are not being added to 645/645M..

You must have forgotten about the 935 which isn't getting every new feature either.  FYI, the Fenix 6 which is newer than any of the watches you mentioned didn't get Virtual Run either.

• Dude 935 is not from the actual lineup... FR 30/35, 230/235, 630 and 935...

Actual lineup are FR 45, 245/245M, 645/645M and 945...

Fenix 6 is not from this lineup

• Dude 935 is not from the actual lineup..

First off, I'm not a dude.  A dude is a masculine term.  Secondly, do you think that just because it has a "45" in the name that they should all be identical?  Your 645 already has more features than the 45 or 245 and less than the 945 as it should.  You've already told us that you think the 645 is the top running watch because you've taken the Forerunner 945 out of that class because it's has triathlon capabilities.  Now the 935 which is only 10 months older than the 645, but more expensive and far more advanced doesn't count for getting all the updates because it's not part of the "45" family?  Same with the newer Fenix 6?  It doesn't count either?  You're argument doesn't make sense. 

Actual lineup are FR 45, 245/245M, 645/645M and 945...

Maybe you should exclude the 645 from this "lineup" since it's the oldest and has different hardware with the generation 2 OHR.  Funny, it has the same hardware as the 935.  Oh, wait.  That can't be right.  The 935 isn't in that line up.  From a hardware and software perspective, your 645 has more in common with the 935 than it does with the 45, 245 and 945.

Fenix 6 is not from this lineup

You're wrong.  The Fenix 6 is part of this "lineup".  You must be fairly new to Garmin and don't know how their eco-system works.