This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connect to Smart Trainer (Wahoo Kickr)??

Hello, just hoping/wondering how or if it's possible to connect my wahoo kickr to the 645..? It doesn't come up in add sensors, so I'm really hoping there is a workaround or that it can be added...?

edit: Now using this as a thread for the Connect IQ Bike Trainer App, which allows for connection to a smart trainer and upload to Connect, but the info it uploads is incomplete and there are some known bugs with the app itself.
  • I just tried with my Kickr Snap and got the same result. My guess would be that it’s because the trainer is reporting mainly as a power meter which the 645 doesn’t support because my Snap does pair with my 735.
  • but they are ANT+ trainers, so what gives..?
  • Like I said, the main feature of a smart trainer is power, both input and output, and the 645 doesn’t do power so that’s probably why you’re not seeing anything. I know that the Snap doesn’t have cadence or speed built into the unit so they get calculated values in software like Zwift and Trainer Road if you don’t have separate sensors. (I use Wahoo RPM Speed and Cadence both indoors and out) I believe that the Kickr does have built in cadence so that’s about the most I could see the 645 supporting natively from your trainer.

On my 735, which I pretty just use as a cycling head unit these days, the only pairing it makes with the Snap is as a power meter but doesn’t see speed or cadence from it.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 6 years ago
    The Forerunner 645/645M doesn't support power data so it will not pair with Smart Trainers that transmit this data.
  • The Forerunner 645/645M doesn't support power data so it will not pair with Smart Trainers that transmit this data.

Okay, I'll try the "Bike Trainer" app in Connect IQ for the time being and see how it works out.
  • just an update on this - it's working 'okay' but the speed and cadence are off. The backlight is always on, which burns through the battery. When I had the watch off my wrist and used a battery pack to keep the watch charged while in use, the calories didn't record properly on a 4-5 hour ride, which was unfortunate.. But at least it does get power data from the Kickr and uploads the file to Garmin Connect, so that's a huge plus. But... the distance doesn't carry over to Connect, which is also a little bit of a bummer considering it's recorded during the workout...
  • Are we able to edit the activity in Garmin Connect? So could we add in the distance and such manually?