This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Pay Pin Code

since the update to 2.50 I have to enter the code every time I pay.
  • Same here:
    PinCode entry twice, then wallet opens without code

Vivoactive 3 in Germany @ Firmware 5.0.0

Sorry, wrong subforum
  • Interesting that's it not limited to an issue with just the 645. Garmin-Joey is this going to be fixed?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 5 years ago
    The device teams are still investigating the issue to determine the root cause. I will update this thread when I have more information.
  • At least it's on the radar . Thanks Joey.
  • I was hoping for big things from firmware 3.4 but this still isn't fixed. On most occasions I still have to enter the code twice and still doesn't stay unlocked for 24 hours. :( Infact, it barely stays unlocked for an hour, had to input my code each time I have used it today.
  • I went to show a friend the wallet feature on the watch said my wallet was empty (I set it up weeks ago), I had to go through the whole setup process again. I haven't used garmin pay at a shop yet but would have looked real silly if I went to pay for something and the watch said my wallet is empty.
  • Is it just me or has this problem still not been resolved yet (4.20)? I tried Garmin Pay today for the first time. I did a "dry run" by simply unlocking the wallet and pressing the back button after a few seconds only to find out that I had to enter the pin again when trying to access the wallet shortly after that (seconds). After this second unlocking process, the wallet seemed to be in the "unlocked for 24 hours" state and I did not have to enter the pin again at the NFC terminal. However, a few hours later I had to enter the pin again when selecting the wallet.

I checked the HR graph and did not find any visual clues indicating that the firmware detected the watch off my wrist. I also don't think that this is the root cause considering that in my first attempt there were only a few seconds between entering the pin and opening the wallet a second time.In fact, after some testing, the behaviour seems to be rather unpredictable. Sometimes I have to enter the pin once, sometimes twice, sometimes it stays unlocked for minutes, sometimes for hours.
  • I don't have such a problem. It remains unlock for the whole day.
  • Garmin Pay works brilliantly for me most of the time People in shops are still really impressed. The only glitch is that sometimes the pin doesn't last 24 hours. This seems to be related to the watch moving even if its still picking up heart rate. Eg if I go for a short bike ride I can usually guarantee having to re enter the pin afterwards.
  • I have paid yesterday afternoon and the watch is still unlocked this morning at 9am. I was sleeping, definitelly without any movement :)