This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strap Mounts broke Forerunner (45s) .. Another

Hi all, 

Looks like this forum and the internet is filled with images of 45s with broken strap mounts.     It happened to me a few days back.    I was just sitting at my desk and the band came off.    Upon inspection, I noticed that the mounts had broken off, as though sawed off. 

I wrote to Garmin support and got a response from a bot with the following link.  

The Watch Casing on My Forerunner 45 is Broken

This must happen enough that they have a separate page.   These watches have a different kind of mount than most others.  I guess they don't last.

I followed up with Garmin support and they offered to give me 20% off the undiscounted list price towards a new watch.     I can get a better price from a retailer than that especially with  Thx giving specials coming around.    

This was not the only problem with the 45S I had,  it stopped charging in 6 months so they replaced it with a refurbished which lasted another year and 4 months.    My previous Garmins lasted way longer,  guess they don't make'em as they used to.  Oh well...

VK