This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Shutdown/Restart after every workout

My Forerunner 45S is constantly shutting down/restarting at the end of every workout when I press Save. I know I lose the step count and sometimes other data as well. If I remember to sync before ending the workout I can sometimes avoid the loss of data. I have updated all software, reset to factory settings and re-paired my device. So frustrated. Any other suggestions? Thank you.

• great thank you!  i have a 245 for myself (my wife has the 45) and i ran the current beta update on mine as a test last night and worked fine so i'll try the same on her 45 tonight.   so if we setup the beta on hers and she wants to stay current (get back on the current release whenever this beta goes to release) what would we need to do so she can get back on the auto update and not have to reset her settings?  would the mobile app just eventually detect when the "official" release version is higher than her current beta version and update to that maybe?

• Still happening as of August 2021. Earlier I used to lose steps and calories, but the watch used to resume on the activity and I could save the activity. Now, I lose the activity completely. Happened twice in 20 days. Ridiculous failure rate, and shocking that it’s still not fixed. 

• We have a similar issue but has only happened twice after a run. Stop the run, click save, watch resets, and then saves. The data appears to save correctly. Software version 4.40

• Also have version 4.40 but unfortunately my Garmin restarts as I'm trying to Save my run and after it starts up again it loses a portion of the distance. Ugh. For example, if I run a 10km and try to save, it freezes, reboots, back online it has saved 9.6km or so. This has happened probably 4 times since buying the watch 6 months ago. I do find that if I charge my watch the night before or the time just before a run, I don't get this problem. Or it could be coincidental. But I do know the days I don't charge the watch bc it's got plenty of charge, the reboot happens on occasion. 

• Try saving with the Bluetooth switched off on the phone. I had a similar problem, but happened only when I am close to the phone with the Bluetooth on. 

• Thanks for that. I’ll give it a try. Was on tech support today and they said Factory reset (so I wipe out my personal formulas ugh) but then I should get them back connecting to Garmin Connect. I’ll try both suggestions thanks