This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupted .fit files that won't upload to Garmin Connect/Express

Hey there--similar issues to others here where my last few activities are apparently "corrupt" and cannot be uploaded to Garmin Express/Connect. They are attached.

Is there any way to prevent this in the future? Don't want to constantly have to manually fix them...

Thanks much!
  • I am missing some "days" without actual recorded activity (so, days with everything everything else, steps, sleep, heartbeat). It still shows on the watch, but does not sync. Wierd. Any idea on how to get it? Is this recorded somewhere else than in Activity folder?
    p.s.: how much memory does the watch have, I have a lot of files under activity, but only last few can be viewed on the watch; is there a mechanism that will delete old files once memory runs low, or should a user do this manualy?

Best regards,
    Peter
  • Has this issue actually been solved? I purchased a Forerunner 30 for my wife at Xmas 17. She suffered from the "randomly not uploading GPS data" problem which again never seemed to have been solved. 5 months later, after much tooing and froing with Garmin they admitted that they could not solve the problem. We got a replacement from Amazon (full marks to them - no quibbles as opposed to Garmin who took weeks to respond to anything). Tried it on Saturday and all was fine - today, we get the corrupted file problem - this is a new device, full charged battery, only 60 bytes of FIT data stored. Manually uploading the file gets the same issue.. To say that I am fed up Garmin is an understatement. They seem quite content to sell devices that do not work as published. I have a 230 myself which is fine, but the 30 is bug ridden and frankly seems not fit for purpose. Come on Garmin, time to raise your game! At the very least publish a fix so that we poor users (who after all have paid good money for your devices) can actually have a device that works as stated.
  • Hello community, my first post and my first issue with forerunner 35.
    Is there any chance that somebody can try to fix my corrupted .fit file ? I've tryied with online tools, but unfortunately non of them was helpful.
    Thanks in advance !
  • hi ijevtic,

Give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike
  • Yes sir, that worked :)

Thank you so much Mike !
  • Me again! I'll need to reset my watch again but just did a track workout and want to see my splits... any chance someone can fix this file?
    Thanks for all your help.
  • CMMrunner

Give this file a go :)

Bart
  • Hi all,

I've had similar problems. I tried to use one of the online tools (http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/), but it wouldn't accept the file. I have a Mac so cant use FFRT. Would be grateful if someone could run this file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/32412h5d9vrtjlc/88HG3829.FIT?dl=0
  • Hi. I have a FIT file that I can't even get uploaded to the conversion site. I've tried converting to .csv and other tools but my limited expertise threatens the death of my 18 miler. Please may one of you clever people work some magic to bring my run back from the dead?
  • hi loltracking,

Give this file a try.

cheers
    Mike