This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

forerunner 35 stays on miles instead of km

In sytem>units I have set my forerunner 35 to kilometers. In bike mode I have set fields page 1 to Distance, heart rate en Speed.
I have set Pace/Speed at speed.

Distance is correctly at kilometers, however Speed is in miles/hour. I was doing 16 kmph and my watch said 10. So I knew it was in miles per hour. How can I make sure that it changes to km?

In the connect app all the settings are km aswell.
  • Same problem. Garmin Connect shows everything in km or min/km or km/h, but the Forerunner 30 watch does not want to switch to kms. The distance is actually in km in the watch, but the pace remains in min/mile.
    Device firmware version 2.20
  • Same problem and extremely unhappy. I bought the FR35 specifically to monitor my pace when I’m running, not to know how many steps I walked in a day. Feel like it’s useless to me.
  • Forerunner 35 here and same problem. The watch insists to show mph instead of km/h.
  • I contacted Garmin Support and they asked me to zip some files and send them. They are researching and will get back to me when they have a solution. The support agent said they didn’t have many complains about this. It would help if more people contacted them about this issue.
  • I have the same issue, since I did a factory reset to connect my fr35 to my new phone. Before that it showed min/km and everything was fine. I also contacted support and will keep you posted about their reply.
  • I have this problem too... plus in control panel i have 2 options for the pace value.. which one does what? (both show up in min/mile not min/km)ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1392271.jpg
  • I think i found a workaround, i left speed to display( which is shown fine in km/h) on all pages and enabled the option to inform every 1km, which displays the time i did it in... So when i run, i see live my speed in km/h and every 1 km it beeps and displays my pace...
  • I found solution today. Unit is set to km, on iOS aplication is also everything on km. At the end i check setup on desktop version of Connect. They are also everything in km.
    On all sports profiles auto lap is off ( my opinion ) but when auto lap is on they are still miles there! So i turn on auto lap on all possible sports, changed to km an then turn off auto lap again ( i do not need auto lap function )
    Just done short test run and pace and avg pace are again minutes per km
  • I am having a similar issue, although i am looking to measure my running in miles. Everything is fine, but when using the garmin connect app, it shows me my run details in KM. All metrics are set to miles, and i am puzzled on how to change this?

Has anyone actually resolved the issue?
  • you have to make sure 3 places are in sync. GC, GC Mobile and the watch. Any of these that differ can cause an issue

CW