This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor pairing

Has anybody managed to pair any ANT+ Speed/Cadence sensor to Forerunner 35?
I've tried to pair it with original Garmin Speed and Cadence sensor (010-12104-00) and also with a Bontrager ANT+ combo sensor (Speed+Cadence) without any success. (Pairing HR strap worked well.)
Garmin's specification says it's compatible with ANT+ Speed and Cadence sensors.
I'd appreciate any info or tips on this topic.
  • Hi,

I believe his sensor is this one https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/fitness-sensors/bike-speed-sensor-and-cadence-sensor/prod146897_010-12104-00.html

he said he tried again, spun it until the green LED was flashing then held the FR35 on it for a second while it was searching and it picked it up.

Just to check, are you going to Settings > Sensors and searching for it?

CW
  • Yes, I have tried it from that menu. I've already tried it with the same sensor that you linked too. Did he manage to pair both speed and cadence sensor?
    Right now I'm on a business trip, but on the weekend I'll try again with this sensor.
  • On my FR35, the Bike section has a selection under "Options" (after you select it) to "Use Indoors" (near the bottom if you scroll down).

Just an FYI, for those that think it's only for outdoor biking. I use mine for running, and haven't used for biking indoors yet (going to rec center next week to try it out).

It does. Unlike FR25, it has native support for different acitivity types - Run (Outdoor and Indoor), Bike (Outdoor only), Walk and Cardio.

Image courtesy of DCR.
  • Speed/Cadence Sensor Pairing

I have the same issue, can not pair with Speed/Cadence sensors with Forerunner 35. Have tried on multiple bike with both old and new style sensors. No Joy.
  • Still can not sync speed cadence sensor. And now that the weather is getting worse and I am riding on the trainer the Forerunner 35 seems like a bad purchase.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    We appreciate the discussion on this topic and apologize for the inconvenience. We have escalated this issue to the device team for further investigation and resolution.

I initially experienced this issue when trying to recreate, but the sensor eventually connected as I was walking away from the bike. While I was able to get my sensor to connect it did not work as expected and we have escalated this to the device team.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 7 years ago
    We have have looked into this further and confirmed that the Forerunner 35 will pair with the separate Speed and Cadence sensor. The original GSC10 or other combination sensors are not compatible with the Forerunner 35.

In our further testing with separate Speed and Cadence Sensor we were able to get them to pair as expected. If you are using the separate sensors and are still having trouble pairing, reply in this thread so that we can investigate this further.
  • Hi,
    Is there any trick for pairing it? I've tried it with the linked genuine Garmin sensors too without success. Does it matter if these sensors are already paired to my Edge 820 too, should I unpair them from it before?
    By the way is it planned to fix this issue and make it possible to pair with combo ANT+speed/cadence sensors?

Thanks,
    Bence
  • Finally I managed to pair the Forerunner 35 with the separate Garmin speed and cadence sensors. I don't know what was the problem previously, but now it worked (but you have to touch the watch to the sensor for a couple of seconds). I'm not sure if it would work with any non Garmin ANT+ speed or cadence sensors too, if someone has managed to do it please confirm.
    Regardless of this I'm still curious if later I will be able to connect any ANT+ speed/cadence combo sensor with a firmware fix. Is it a hardware or a software issue?

Thanks,
    Bence
  • Lane portal

..."The original GSC10 or other combination sensors are not compatible with the Forerunner 35."...

This would have been helpful information prior to purchase and waisted hours of attempts to Sync. I have multiple (910XT, 735XT, Edge 25) Garmin devices that all sync with both the old (combination) and new (separate)Speed/Cadence sensors. I could not get the Forerunner 35 to pair with either type. If I can get it to pair with the new style it will required me to purchase yet another set of Garmin Speed/Cadence sensors, approx $65.00.