Forerunner 235 Transferred Steps to Following Day

I set a new years resolution to walk 10,000 steps a day for the whole of 2023.

Imagine my disappointment after 299 successful days that I find that my watch has somehow held back around 13,000 steps on day 300 and added them to the following day instead...

On day 300 I walked over 9 miles in one walk... but my watch says I managed only 6000 steps for the whole day... and then the following day I walked over 21 miles in one walk... but my watch is telling meI've walked over 55,000 steps for the day... when I didn't really do anything else.

How is this even possible?  To say I'm disappointed is an understatement...

The watch is working fine again now... but now is too late as the damage is done...

And to not not be able to edit your step total is just ridiculous... I guess it's fine if your watch doesn't cheat you out of hard earned steps... but where does that leave me now?

Thankfully Samsung Health measured my steps correctly so I'm now turning to Samsung to help salvage my goal of 10,000 steps a day for the year...

And if there is no solution for this error (which I don't believe there will be).. then I'll definitely have to reconsider my loyalties for 2024... especially if Samsung can get me through to the finish line from this point on...

Very disappointed indeed.