This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Still no forums for Edge 1000 or Edge Explore 1000

When will they be reinstated? Next decade? Possibly never?

I also notice that there is no forum for commenting on problems with the forum software. When I open the forum home page in my web browser, before I login to the forum the data fields on the screen default to displaying in German - see screenshot below - the search, login, and last activity fields are German. After I login, the fields change to English.

• I think it is a shame that it lasts so long and still no advance or new information about getting the data back!!

• Given this appears to be a data-loss scenario it appears you have done no testing before rolling out this new set of forums. When you rolled it out and realised not everything was ported why was there not a fallback plan to revert? How can you not have a timeline to restore the data? Or have you lost it and are hoping people just forget?

• We are planning on adding the data back to the forums. Please see my verified answer above.

• It can't be difficult to put a new forum up, it will be a tick box in the software.  The delay is Garmin looking through the old posts deleting the ones that they don't like...
    Garmin really don't care about the end customer, as shown by multiple releases correcting errors that they have created themselves in releases.

THEY DO KNOW HOW TO DO SOFTWARE.... Their aero division has to meet worldwide Aviation Authority standards, so they must have some release management, testing, documentation etc, it's just in the sports division, they don't care and sloppy is fine. I feel sorry for the people in Garmin who try their best, but someone on the board should get a grip and improve their processes and their givingacrapness.

• We are working on getting the Edge 1000 added back to the Cycling Board.

And another month goes by with nothing done... Perhaps we all believe in the tooth fairy and Garmin software reliability.

• I don't believe them, too. Nothing has been done so far but deleting the messages on the start page that they care!

• Just checking in here to see if the forum horror story is still ongoing.  Yup.  Where is my lovely Edge 1000 forum?  At least give us an empty one!

• With the Edge now discontinued as I suspect it was to much of a competitor for the 1030 I doubt that Garmin are going to pay any attention or produce further updates for the software hoping that people will eventually move to the 1030 or its successor.

I have a problem with the 1000 not making any audible alerts with a Varia 510 despite all other alerts being audible, no response from Garmin.

• Product support are still assisting me with Edge 1000 issues.  Create a ticket online or phone them for help

• I have to say they have tried to help me but at the moment I am having problems sending the Garmin folder to them for further diagnosis and help.