This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add Garmin Tempe Compatibility

Since the garmin Edge sensor is exposed to the sun, is very imprecise. Please add compatibility with Garmin 520, 130, 1030, 820, 830 and 530  (all Edge devices).

I'm pretty sure that Garmin developers can do it Muscle

Thanks!

• I asked about it but forum admin close my topic.

I don't understand why Tempe sensor is not able.

If Garmin don't want to add ok, but please add temperature option and value tu calibrate internal sensor and able to export this data in the activity.

Thanks.

• Yes I saw your topic but because it was closed I decided to open this new one. I'm software engineer and I don't know the internals limitations of the Edge devices, but from my (Uninformed) point of view adding compatibility shouldn't be too hard...

• I tried to request this feature a few months ago but it got buried. We had the brief period when the EE did report temperature after the release of FW 4.0 which created my appetite for this information.  It should be easy to add this to the Edge Explore (where Garmin have now hidden the internal temperature sensor) as the Tempe is supported by various other Garmin devices. In addition, temperature from a sensor mounted in a shady place on a bicycle is  more accurate than in a device exposed to the sunshine.

• Please Garmin, listen your customer.

• New firmware 4.30.

Garmin add support for Shimano sensors but no for Garmin sensors like Tempe, wrong way Garmin.

• I too would very much like to add the tempe sensor support to the Garmnin Edge (the Explore specifically)

• Please add Garmin Tempe support for the Edge line! (Edge Explore specifically!)

• I've just got the Tempe today. I paired it very fast with the Fenix 6 watch. 

But it is a big disappointment that it does not work with the Edge comupter(specifically 830)

Garmin should update their software and allow to use  the Tempe also with the Edge

• Yes, I use with my Garmin Vivoactive 3 for trekking and works perfect.

Garmin should listen customers.

• [05:10:35] EyesOnly:: Why I cannot use Garmin Tempe sensor with my Edge830?
    [05:10:36] Session started between EyesOnly:: and Jamie
    [05:11:04] EyesOnly:: Hi Jamie
    [05:11:18] Jamie Hello, thanks for contacting Garmin. You're speaking to Jamie. In order to help you further, please can I grab your serial number?
    [05:11:20] EyesOnly:: Is there any way to connect my Edge830 and Tempe sensor?
    [05:12:04] EyesOnly:: Serial Number: 5VY003106
    [05:12:39] Jamie thanks for confirming
    [05:12:51] Jamie this list shows the compatible devices for the tempe sensor: buy.garmin.com/.../107335
    [05:13:07] Jamie The Edge devices are not compatible unfortunately
    [05:13:37] EyesOnly:: i find this very curios and disturbing
    [05:13:44] EyesOnly:: is there a plan to add support?
    [05:14:03] EyesOnly:: is stupid to use the Edge internal temperature sensor when you own a Tempe
    [05:14:24] EyesOnly:: the computer stays more in the sun than a Tempe would do, as you can simply put it under the saddle
    [05:15:20] Jamie I can understand where you are coming from, however currently the Edge devices are not compatible with the Tempe sensor.
    [05:15:50] EyesOnly:: and how a plan to change this? does it exist?
    [05:16:12] Jamie Many of the comments/suggestions we receive (such as yours) are often evaluated towards potential implementation into future Garmin products or current unit software releases. We cannot guarantee that what you have suggested will be implemented, however we do appreciate you passing along your opinions. Please share your ideas with us at the following page on our website: www8.garmin.com/.../
    [05:18:03] EyesOnly:: pffff, OK. It's so bad. And i have no real optimistic feeling, as the Edge and Tempe devices are long time available on the market. And others requested this. It's just seems that Garmin is really ignoring it's customers needs :(
    [05:18:34] Jamie sorry you feel this way, I will pass this feedback on for you
    [05:18:53] EyesOnly:: Thx and have a nice day
    [05:19:31] Jamie thank you, you too
    [05:20:32] Jamie The conversation has ended. If you still need help please get back in touch!