This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 820 - 12.60 Navigation broken?

'Upgraded' Edge 820 to 12.60 on Friday and navigation now seem to be completely broken. select course, Start navigation - Device immediatly loses the courses, then claims no route is active.

"Made various device stability improvements"

Coulda fooled me.

Anyone know how to roll back to 12.50

--

Mike

• I too have had one success this morning. Had a little trouble with audio, but I was able to resolve quickly. I’ll be checking other rides this week. 
    i’m still suspicious that last update has a bug though. 

• Mine is not working.

Routes that used to work no longer do. They load and give the message Off Course. Looking at the map I seem to be on the route.

Have you had any response from Garmin or should I contact them?

Nick

• I last spoke to a rep on Friday 8/16. He confirmed he recieved the files they requested from my 820 and passed them on to their tech group. They are pretty easy to contact by phone by leaving your number and they call you back.  You might want to start the process to raise the awareness. I don't think they read the forum.  

As for existing courses, mine seem to be working after a factory reset. But there still seems to be some sporadic problem.  I had to try 2-3 courses before it worked, then it worked for all. But after shutting down,  I couldn't be sure the problem wouldn't arise again. 

But here is what I have done so far. 

1 Back up critical configuration files. https://support.garmin.com/en-MY/?faq=eWswdSH4aC3xrXxmQj7U9A

2 Did the Factory reset that does not delete Courses. 3Bars > Settings > System > Device Reset > Reset Default Setting, 

3 After it resets, I walk through the prompts. It won't have your normal screens but you can test it to see if it might load a course.  

4 Then using the same instructions above reload the files you saved into the "New" folder.  And everything returned to my normal views. 

As I mentioned, it did not immediatly reload a course, but I was able to load a course this morning and use it with no problems.  I'm hoping for similar success tomorrow. 

Good luck

• Thanks Radickol,

I’ll contact them before resetting and take it from there. I’ll report back later  

Nick

• I just had this problem this morning.  I thought it might be related to it being a ride that I favorited from Strava and loaded to my device.   But it sounds like it might be a more general problem.  I'll try the reset instructions and see if that helps.  I haven't done a factory reset in a while anyway ;-).

• My issue was the "Off Course" error even though I could see the route right there on the screen.

• That's what I got - and no Turn by turn notifications.

• Well I don't know what to think. 

I couldn't get hold of the support team before I went for a ride so I created a new route of about 70km. The Garmin followed it and gave directions without a hitch. I even went off course and when I rejoined the route it found the course and started giving turn directions. I stoped for coffee and put the 820to sleep. When I restarted it found the course when I rejoined it.

So it seems to be working as per normal. I'm not sure about the problems I had with the other routes.

Nick 

• nickdodo, I'd be interested in hearing if you had further success following your last post. 

I have had very unreliable success in getting a route started. Worked yesterday, Then wouldn't work today on the same route. I keep trying to figure out if there is a specific key sequence that causes the problem or brings it back. 

• Radickol,

I'll post here next time I go out. With the current weather forecast that might be a few days...

Nick