This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensor Pairing and Connection Issues after 12.30

In version 12.30 i find my diferents sensor (vitesse, power and heart  frequence)

At the same time my old Edge800 finds and keeps the connection with the same sensors.

Everything was good before this new version.

• Thank you Can you post a link to your activity or DM it to me if you rather?

• i just have deleted al sensors on my 820 and now it works well!

Is this an issue you are still having with your device?NO  I don't have now a issue

If so, have you done a factory reset? NO

What sensors are you using? Cadans speed and hartbeat sensors from Garmin

Have you unpaired and repaired your phone? NO

• Glad to hear you are having better results.

Can you please post an activity for us once you've had a chance to test?

Also how did you go about deleting the sensors? Was that by removing them from the device through the menu structure or deleting the settings folder while the device was connected to a computer?

• After my factory reset and re-pairing of my RTL511 Radar and my iPhone all seems to work just fine again.

• Hi Duncan,

* no longer an issue as only way to have the device functioning and synching with HRM/ speed / cadence sensor was to rollback to the good s/w build in 12.1 as pointed out by another user here.

* factory reset, reinstallation of 12.3 was problematic.

*edge 820 with the bundled Cadence & speed sensor plus Garmin HRM . All working fine under all previous s/w  versions .

* pairing with the phone is / was never the issue. The Issue clearly outlined here as Bluetooth between the 820 head unit and garmin devices. 

cheers 

• https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4827912688

The connection was dropped from power meter data from Elite Suito. I was pedaling steadily with exception of 1 hour mark.

I can make a test with only bicycle sensors (hrm, cadence+power) tomorrow if you need it.

• ¿Es este un problema que todavía tienes con tu dispositivo?
    • si todavía lo tengo
    • Si es así, ¿ha hecho un restablecimiento de fábrica? ( Si aún no lo ha hecho,  publique un enlace a su actividad más reciente )
    • si lo eh echo
    • Si ha realizado un restablecimiento de fábrica, díganos cómo lo hizo.
    • menú / configuración / sistema / restablecimiento del dispositivo / borrar datos restaurar configuración.
    • ¿Qué sensores estás usando?
    • estoy usando por el covid-19 una bici de spining con los sensores de  cadencia y frecuencia cardíaca 
    • ¿Has desemparejado y reparado tu teléfono? (Si aún no lo ha hecho, publique un enlace a su actividad más reciente)
    • si lo eh desemparejado y reparado
    • https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4784995318
    • Is this an issue you are still having with your device?
      •  yes
    • If so, have you done a factory reset? (If you have not yet, please post a link to your most recent activity)
      •  no
    • What sensors are you using?
      • Beurer HR Sensor (or Garmin HR)
      • Bepro pedals
      • tacx (indoor)
    • Have you unpaired and repaired your phone? (If you have not yet, please post a link to your most recent activity)
  • Hello everyone,

We have released Official software version 12.4 for the Edge 820. It will revert back to previous software while we investigate reports of sensor dropouts. Information about it can be found at the top of the 820 forum as well as in the following link:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-820/223419/new-edge-820-version-12-40-now-available

• To complete my data :100 

Problem is present when updating from 12.xx to 12.30.

I get back to previous firmware + restoring data screen + sensor pairing: no more problem. (I just paired HRM and ELITE Turno this time)

New update to 12.30 : sensors dropout

Factory reset (lap/start/switch on pressed) and restore data screens and sensors paring : almost no problems (I had two ponctual dropouts, one from garmin HRM run, the other from Elite Turno speed/cadence), in 5 hours. These 2 dropouts occured on 2 different activities... Data were correctly sent to PC (Garmin usb2 ant+).

Update to 12.40 : device doesn't boot anymore, blocked while loading maps and switch off after a few minutes Disappointed

New factory reset needed, very long to start, I pressed lap or start to prevent edge go to sleep during loading maps --> boot ok.