This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Device stuck on loading maps after new version loaded

I update the device as per this update:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-520-520-plus/235061/new-edge-520-version-13-20-now-available

But now the device will not complete the boot stage and is stuck on the loading maps message

I do not have any custom maps, or widgets.

Disk space ought to fine.

• I've managed to get it to restart. Although I believe the new version is buggy. I'm going to try to downgrade.

If others are in the same stuck position here's how I think I got the device to boot 100%.

Option A: Leave the device in the stuck map loading state until it powers itself off, do not turn it off yourself, let it time out.

Option B: Do a "software reset" and then restart - again leaving the device to boot into stuck mode and power itself off, then restart device and it should boot ok.

Note: the "software reset" I did was significant:

Non-prompted Non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all FIT files including Activities, Courses, Workouts.

Turn device off
    Hold Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
    Press and release the power button
    Continue to hold only Lap/Reset and Start/Stop
    Release Lap/Reset and Start/Stop when the Garmin Logo is cleared
    The unit will restart and clear non-vol

• I think the link in my first post was wrong - that was only fore the Edge 520 and not the Plus.

My 520 Plus device is on software version 5.7.