This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 - Livetrack has no data

The last couple of rides, my Livetrack feed has had no data.  When I start the ride, I get the "Livetrack Started" message on my 520, my wife gets the email link and all that, but there is no data coming in at all (she gets some sort of "no location data" type of error).

When I stop the ride, I get a  message saying that LIvetrack has ended but it seems to not actually close the stream.  I end up having to stop the livetrack on my cellphone (Samsung s9).  Nothing has changed on the phone or GPS in months.

The activity file in Garment Connect has all the data and looks normal, the livetrack map is just a map of the general area with no data or tracking on it at all.

Any ideas?

• I installed it yesterday and tested today. 

Worked fine for me

• Worked for me today - new clean interface on the end of the person tracking it. 

• Alright... for all you version hawks out there... 4.32.1 has been released.  It tested OK in the house (i.e. Live track started and the map showed an actual location that was accurate!).  When the weather gets better, I'll take it for a ride and see what happens.

• Yesterday on my ride with the latest version 4.32 livetrack worked ok. So happy!!

• 4.32.1 seems to actually work for me!  As the thread starter, I'll mark this as resolved within 24 hours if no one else reports problems.

• Also resolved for me! Shame on Garmin for making us wait 2 months. Thanks to all the testers. Looking forward

• I think this version may need a closer look.

1. Before, The Live Track Session Name was automatically updated to read "Live Activity XX/XX/XXXX".  It does not update the date.  Mine has remained at 6/30/2020 and today is 7/2/2020.

2. My wife received an email.  Everything appeared to be good.  But when you look closer it is showing the activity date of 6/30/2020 and today is 7/2/2020 (she received the email on 7/2 which is correct),  The map is correct but the Avg. Speed she got in the email shows 13.00 mph when in fact my 520 is reporting 15.01 mph.  Garmin Connect is showing my Elev. Gain as 459 ft and the email reported it as 454 ft.  Garmin is reporting the times as 3:19:38 and the email says 3:50:49.  

• On you on 4.32.1?  I just checked my email and the date is correct and it links to the right ride data....

Just checking the live track data against garmin connect and strava; it looks like live track is showing total elapsed time as opposed to moving time, this is resulting in live track showing lower average speeds.  Live track elevation seems a bit off (shows 378m of climb vs. 385 shown by Connect and Strava).  I'm not too concerned with those details in live track; I just want to be able to trust that my emerg. contact can find me if it all goes badly... this seems to do the trick.

• I just now updated to 4.32.1.  I understand what you're saying.  You are correct that the time reported via Live Track appears to be the Elapsed Time.  This would support your point that it is calculating Avg Speed using Elapsed time in Live Track.  But...  why would the elevation be different?  Isn't my 520 sending it to Live Track?  Also, why isn't the Session Name updating to the current date?  It had always done this before.

I have called Garmin and I'll be sending them backup files for their examination after tomorrow's ride.

• Damn...I don't know if I have the energy for going to a 4.32.2 version ....hopefully you find that 4.32.1 works for you.