This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

power meter problem

I just changed battery in my Specialized power crank, with a Garmin Edge 520. Never had any problem with it. Now I get cadence readout but no wattage. I've tried turning unit on and off, taking battery out and replacing it. Thoughts? 

• I don't know if you need to perform a calibration on that power meter after replacing the batteries.

• I do have the same problem. I changed the battery in my SRM and now I have only cadence readout but no wattage. I already calibrated the power meter, changed the battery and finally restore the factory profile of my Garmin Edge 520 but nothing changed.

• I have the same issue with my Garmin 520 where it doesn't show the power (from a stages crank) during my activity however provides the detail at the end in my workout summary. I train to power so super frustrating.  

• My thought is the your power meter has failed. With about half the power meter failures I had over the last 15 years the cadence would still work, but the power was 0 or power would be erratically appearing on the display. My question is is the power you see 0 or - - -. Becauce if is 0, that means the crank is transmitting power. But because the PM is not working properly that power is 0.

• Thanks, all. Didn't function but then kicked in. Twenty miles today and it worked normally. Not sure what the problem was. Hope it isn't power meter. Specialized crank arm, only a year old.