This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 7.0 Software Bluetooth Issue

Hi, my Garmin 520 just updated to firmware 7.0 and now I'm having issues with Bluetooth.

It's enabled but the symbol isn't lighting anymore and I cannot connect to my phone to upload to Garmin connect. Not too much of a problem as I can connect to my laptop... i'm just lazy and would rather just use my phone!!

Anyone has the same issue and do you have a fix?
  • Tried many ways but just doesn’t work. I guess the stock firmware is too old to connect to latest iOS. And finally, I’ve done the firmware update from my PC via Garmin Express software and it finally connects to my iPhone 11 Pro. I guess that’s the only way to update the unit firmware (via physical cable) . I’ve not tried to upload any rides yet but will explore more. 

• Worked for me too. Thanks.

• Hi All, I had the exact problem and also tried very thing below. Here's how I fixed. 

1. Remove the Garmin App

2. Forget the device from you phone and Garmin Device.

3. Download a new version of the Garmin App.

4. Turn on pairing mode from inside the device.

5. Then pair the device from inside the Garmin App (not from phone). Do not use pairing from turning on your blue tooth on phone

5. You have to set everything up again but it works. Note it does not work if you device and phone are paired any other way.

• Thanks, it's all of Android Q's permissions that had shut down the app, and that is why the reconnect has to be in the app. So I'm back to getting texts as I'm out riding.

• Worked for me as well, the main clue was to remove and re-add the device in the Connect app (I didn't have to reinstall the app itself), not just pairing via the bluetooth menu on the smartphone.

• Thanks just back out in the real world today and had the same issue, thanks this solution worked for me

• Thanks buddy, I was going crazy with this issue.

• Nice! This worked for me too, so thanks for sharing Slight smile

• I have a 520 Plus running firmware 7.0 and use a OnePlus 6T running Android 10. I find that if I turn off Bluetooth and location on my phone and only turn Bluetooth back on, the Garmin does not connect to my phone. However if I turn location and Bluetooth on, then the Garmin connects. This might be worth a try as I've tried the suggested answer by AdamGee but it kept failing and I had to re-pair both devices after I turned off Bluetooth on my phone and turned it back on. 

• pls tell me how it is possible that this thread is over 1 year old and this is still a problem. Garmin IS the worst tech company with the worst tech support. I will sell my edge and buy a wahoo...I've had enough of this.. Like why should I do all this stuff just to CONNECT my head unit to my phone...there is no reason this shouldn't work the simple way