This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 520 7.0 Software Bluetooth Issue

Hi, my Garmin 520 just updated to firmware 7.0 and now I'm having issues with Bluetooth.

It's enabled but the symbol isn't lighting anymore and I cannot connect to my phone to upload to Garmin connect. Not too much of a problem as I can connect to my laptop... i'm just lazy and would rather just use my phone!!

Anyone has the same issue and do you have a fix?
  • I have a similar issue and am getting no response from Garmin. My Garmin and Moto G5 have been fine until recently. Now they are paired but the Garmin Bluetooth icon just flashes all of the time and shows as disconnected. I have removed each device from each device (phone & garmin) and tried again - no joy. Factory reset of the garmin - no joy. Used a different mobile (to check BT on the phone) - no joy. Can anyone please let me know if this can be paired correctly again or if there's an issue with the Garmin's BT. Thanks everyone.

• Just a few days ago i had the same thing happen. Edge 520 worked fine one day, next day the bluetooth just wouldnt connect.

The 520 shows the phone as paired, but disconnected.

i have done a reset on the 520, un-paired/paired a heap of times, there has been no update to my phone or the 520.

Everything else seems to be working normally. Just no Bluetooth connection to the phone

• Same problem here. BT just flashing away and not connecting to garmin connect. Phone sees edge 520 and 520 sees phone.

• Same issue. Removing smartphone, restarting and pairing again did not work. Device pairs but is unable to connect, edge 520 showing "Connecting to Bluetooth - Searching". Sync via USB works.

• Hi there. This sounds EXACTLY the same as my issue. After contacting Garmin, I was sent the following, which I followed exactly and it has fixed the issue. I hope it helps:

Firstly, I would advise to make sure your device is fully up to date with the latest software, you can do this best through Garmin Express.

Next try, 

1. Open the Garmin Connect Mobile application
    2. Go to the more (ios) section or the side menu bar on the left (Android) on the app 
    3. Go down to 'Garmin devices' and select this
    4. Click on your device and the 3 dots on the corner then select 'Remove device' and 'yes' 
    5. Come out of the Garmin connect App and remove it from the phone /tablet
    6. Go into the settings of the phone/tablet and select 'Bluetooth' 
    7. Under Bluetooth it will state 'My devices' and 'Devices available'. Under 'My devices' please remove and 'forget' anything listed under this section.
    8. Next turn the Bluetooth off and then uninstall the app.
    9. Turn the mobile phone/tablet off and then on again go back to settings and turn the Bluetooth back on. 
    10. Re install the app from the play store or app store. 
    11. Follow the initial pair process on the Garmin connect app
  • worked for me - many thanks

• Tried all of this with no success.  When I go through the pairing process in the Connect App I am asked to "Select an Accessory" and "BT_520" shows up.  I select it, but then get a "cannot find your device" message.  Everything was working fine until I upgraded last week to IOS13 on my Iphone XS.

• This worked for me too so thanks for posting!  

• Worked for me too, thanks. The trick seems to be to remove the device from your Garmin profile, before pairing again.

• Adam, that worked fine for me. Massive thanks