This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to upload courses

Last week I suddenly found that I am unable to upload any courses to any of my Edge 25s that I have. I have 3 units so I know that it is not isolated to one unit. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have a get around. I have tried resetting a unit and simply achieved having a unit with no data air courses.

• A friend of my has the same problem since last weekend. We've tried uploading courses to the Edge 25 using the garmin app on her phone (iPhone SE 2016), garmin app on mac, and simply dragging the gpx file into the course folder using finder. Nothing works unfortunately. We're hoping Garmin is working on a fix and not just dropping support for the Edge 25.

• Hi, thanks for the information.  I have tried everything that Garmin support has suggested which involved removing any courses that were on my Edge 25 and all past activities.  The unit is now unusable to navigate as I cannot download any courses.  As you I have tried various computers and using the mobile app.  Nothing works.  I can see that Garmin Express downloads the course to the new file folder.  From there the unit should transfer this to the course file, but this is where it all falls down.  What ever changes have been made, the Edge 25 will not retain courses to be used.  I would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced this problem, which I think will be the majority of people who have an Edge 25.

• I am having exactly the same problem and like you it just started a few days ago. Come on Garmin, fix this bug

• Thanks for sharing your experience.  Just to keep everyone up to date on how Garmin Support are dealing with this.  The last 'suggestion' was to divide the courses in to smaller sections, as the size of the file might be the problem.  I know that this was not the problem, however I did as I was asked and confirmed to Garmin Support that this did not fix the problem.  Let's see what their next suggestion is.  Please continue letting me know who else is having this problem.  Cheers.

• exact same problem for me @chinnydorking ! you say you have three Edge 25s? I only have one, but notice that this only started being an issue after the last update I saw. 

• been discussing this in depth at https://forums.garmin.com/apps-software/mobile-apps-web/f/garmin-connect-web/354771/courses-in-garmin-connect-not-syncing-to-my-garmin-edge-25?pifragment-1286=2 I don't know why it posted under apps/software. I rang Garmin UK and their solution was to offer me money off a new unit. Facepalm...

• Thanks nick0c.  I am in communication with Garmin Support via e-mail rather than a forum.  The last suggestion being to do a factory reset and if this doesn't work, Garmin would offer a new device with discount off the price.  As I have stated at the start I have 3x Edge 25s for my different bikes, and I am not looking to buy 3 new units.  I have asked for Garmin to be honest on what they are doing with regard to the Edge 25.  I'll share whatever answer I receive.

• Thanks, I got the same response pretty quickly, have some money off. Not a very environmentally friendly solution. One of the things I like the most about the 25 is it's dinky size and low weight, plus I don't have to have out front setup and look like I'm a wannabe!

Look forward to updates from garmin/you. I really hope they aren't junking the 25, don't think I'll buy another if they are, it'd be my fourth... 

• Hi Everyone

I received a reply yesterday informing me that Garmin:-

We constantly strive to introduce new and improved products that incorporate the latest technological advancements.’

Which might be a way of telling me that they are no longer supporting the Edge 25.  Garmin have offered up to 30% off a new device. I have asked again for them to explicitly say whether or not they have dropped the Edge 25. I’ll see if they will or not. As has been already pointed out, this is not an environmentally supportive approach,

• I had a reply to my question on whether Garmin  has stopped supporting the Edge 25. The agent ignored the question even though I asked directly. Could someone ask and share what answer you receive? Thanks.