This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Distance to Next

130 Distance to Next  The remaining distance to the next waypoint on the route.

I'm confused.  I create a course somewhere, somehow.  No waypoints, no locations, just a course. It goes to Connect.  Then I upload it to 130. 

If I have an intersection .5 miles ahead and course is to turn right, will it show .5 miles @ Distance to Next.  What is next??  Is Next something I marked somewhere?

So for a 30 mile ride there could be 10 Next's (waypoints) I would have had to mark to get it show up in DIstance to Next.  And as was discussed in another thread here, am i right in that there is no way to get an arrow turn right, beat right etc as a data field?

• Oof, eight days and no reply.  I'm not 100% sure, but I'll take a shot...

If I have an intersection .5 miles ahead and course is to turn right, will it show .5 miles @ Distance to Next.  What is next??

I believe "Next" is the next turn that the 130 has calculated based on the route.  Since there are no maps, just a breadcrumb trail, I believe the 130 is just looking for any sharp change in direction.  It might miss some more gentle turns.

Is Next something I marked somewhere?

No, I think it is just what I've explained above.  Courses are just a line/breadcrumb trail.  When you ask the 130 to navigate I suspect it is marking the turns it detects itself.

am i right in that there is no way to get an arrow turn right, beat right etc as a data field?

I never much used the navigation on my 130, I just followed the breadcrumb trail, but I believe you are correct, not a factory Garmin way of making this arrow a data field.  Perhaps something on CIQ, but I kind of doubt it.

Now that I have a 530, I still don't use on board navigation.  I just load the course and follow the line on the screen, it works for me.  Just like when I was a kid, "navigation" was just a paper map that got highlighted with a yellow marker!