This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dropping Ant+ sensors during ride?

Thought this thread was here somewhere already, but couldn't find it.
Had this a few times but not as pronounced as yesterday.
20min into my ride, I lost contact with my Cad, HRM, Power, Speed sensors.
Still registering on my 935 watch.
Restarted the 130 and they appeared again nicely. For 10s.
Hmmm.
Turned off the phone connection and they instantly appeared again.

I've had it before, but usually they come back after a few minutes.
Looks like the Ant+ part disconnects when doing a bluetooth transfer with the phone and turns back on again when it's done.
On yesterdays ride, I was out of cell coverage, so GC on the phone couldn't sync.
  • I have the same issue on my Garmin 130. It loses HR every so often. I unclip the chest sensor and reclip and it picks up HR again. New bundle bought in January 20. Very frustrating. Am on version 3.60. is there a fix coming out?

• I wonder if it has to do with the newer heart rate monitors and speed/cadence sensors? I got my Edge 130 about 18 months ago, but I am not using the HR strap that came with the bundle, but the same strap from my 9 year old Edge 705 that I have been using all these years. I have NEVER experienced any dropping of any of my sensors. I am also using my old GSC 10 speed-cadence sensor, also without any problems.

• Same problem, powermeter and HRM drop out and will only come back if I disable phone connection

• Same problem. Tested in iOS and Android :(

• Same here! Yesterday i had to restart 5 times! All that effort to climb the segments and some off them not being recorder...
    Plus, it looses the GPS lately and show me off segment, rendering the strava live feature useless.
    I'm on 3.60 now but had this issue before. Have tried resetting the device, remove the sensors and reconnect, but the problem still persists.
    Also the battery is a joke after a year of use. Used to be able to cover a 200klm brevet, but now not even 3/4 of it. 

• Maybe it are the BT sensors that are dropped?
    I use ANT+ HR and Speed sensor (Decathlon and Magene) and no dropouts.
    BT connection with my phone drops out, but I'm not using segments or tracking, so that's no problem to me.
    In 3.60 the connection with my phone is improved, but not flawless. But at least now it synchronizes when I'm home... 

• Stefano, you write about short battery life.
    Garmin screwed us up. The battery is too small.
    Someone here has opened his 130 and noted this.
    They have a smaller battery built in than what would actually fit. If you buy a battery that fills the space exactly, then you have the promised operating time.
    The problem is that you have to build it in yourself, and then you lose the warranty.
    In the meantime I have also built in the larger battery. Such a battery costs 4 euros in China and installation is not difficult, see my other contribution in the cold weather topic. A mobile phone repair shop can also do it for you, especially if you order the battery yourself.

But because you also have problems with your sensors, it is better not to mess around and return the thing.
    Then you will get back a new or refurbished device (that probably has a too small battery ...)
    Another solution is to forget about the 130 and buy a Bryton Rider 420. That seems to be a trouble-free device and comparable to the 130.

• It may be, I don't really know. I have the trek duotrap s

Sensor

• Hi, thanks for your answer.  I'm Greek, but Google translate is here for the rescue.

I have seen this topic and I'm skilled enough to make the battery change. But I think it's not the point here.

I might do that, or switch and be in peace.

We will see. For the time being my biggest frustration is that it keeps loosing the sensors.

Thanks again.

• Oops.

No, the battery won't do anything for your connection problems.

Because you'd loose your warranty, it's better to first solve your connection problems.