This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 130 battery life

I did my first ~3.5 hour ride with the Edge 130. I started with full battery and it was at 50% afterwards. Promised are 15h. Doesn't add up for me!

Are there any settings that could save battery consumption? I switched on GPS only. Anything else that would help?
  • I would buy a edge 130 but i’m so worried about the battery autonomy... there are someone that could give me a real advice about that and if it is better change brand and buy the bryton 310

With minimal back light, I'm regularly getting 14+ hours. Navigation seems to have minimal impact. The backlight does seem to have a big impact. Most of the complaints here aren't actually running the device until it turns off. The reported battery level by the CIQ data fields is definitely inconsistent. When It says you've used 50%, you definitely have way more than 50% remaining time.
  • For the battery life issue I unfortunately can't state it has been fixed. Primarily due to the rubbish decision of the developers to make the battery percentage field behave the same like the bar field.
    So I got really no idea where I am as there is 20% range for estimate.
  • just got the edge 130 last week and took it on a 11h ride and it crapped out on me after 9h 52min. That is with speed/cadence ant+ sensors as well as gps+glonas and an active route. I have to say I am quite disappointed, I would have expected far more battery life from a monochrome device, and at least I would have expect the stated 15h of battery life!
  • ok dopo aggiornamento a 3.00 la batteria viene visualizzata meglio e dopo un uscita in mtb di 3.20 ore circa la batteria visibile a perso una tacchina. direi ottimo
  • Running V2.40 or V3.00?

v3.00
  • same problem with my edge 130.. I have purchased on 10 Aug. fully charged but when i turned on.. it was not full bar. flat the battery when I ride for 4.5 hrs.
  • Is Garmin working this issue? Rma for 3 times but still the same issue with battery.
  • Has anyone else experienced the device shutting itself down (apparently due to low battery - only one bar remaining) without first giving a low battery warning/alert? I'm pretty sure I originally got these warnings - but since enabling Galileo I've had the device switch itself off twice in a week without notice. If I switch it on again it will run again for another 1min or so, then shut down again (the data is saved) and it's fine again if it's recharged - so I assume it is the battery rather than a crash..
  • Since 3.0 the low battery warning is gone. The Bar scale is confusing (Showing 1 bar more than expected) The IQ Datafield MyEdge, reading the internal battery value, shows by 1 bar 1%. 2 bars=20% 3 bars=40% 4 bars=60% 5bars = 80% or 100%.