garmin 1030 plus is terrible

I bought a 1030 plus and it is useless. it will not sync with trail forks. it will not sync with my computer. 

it is so complicated....i hate it. All want is to have something that tells where i am when i am mountain biking. Like the trail forks app does on my phone.

$500.00 piece of junk 

• Just take one issue at a time. Don't try to solve everything at the same time. It will just get very messy.

You don't really need any extra apps to tell where you are when you are mountain biking. The Edge can do that without any apps. Switch to the map data screen (add it if it isn't already added). Use the manual if you don't know how to add data screens: Adding a Data Screen (The manual is really good for pretty much everything you want to do)

The Trailforks app is just used for transfering routes to your device. Here is how you use the Trailforks app: Trailforks Garmin App Demo

If you connect Garmin Connect with Trailforks you will get your activities uploaded to Trailforks. Go to the Settings in the Trailforks web page and connect Garmin Connect.

To sync the Edge with a computer you install Garmin Express and then connect the Edge with a cable to the computer.

• Thanks Any, but for 500 bucks i should not have any issues. tried all the videos about syncing it did not work. 

• The preferred way to sync is to the Garmin Connect app on your phone.