This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation Doubled after FW 10

Anybody the same?

Girlfriend with 9.5 has the half HM. 

• What I appreciate is that it does not seem that many people with the V.10 are having this problem of putting more accumulated positive meters.

Do you see fit to do a factory reset and load the minimum data such as totals, couses, recors ... to see if the problem is solved?

• In addition, the elevation of courses is also doubled. In other words, the "ascent remaining" field is (nearly) doubled. And the elevation of a course that is stored on the unit is doubled.

This was also present in the most recent beta, and I filed a detailed bug report with fit files, etc...

• So the most recommended is downgrade to 9.50?

• I'm not seeing a doubling of the ascent. Appears to be close to a 25% increase which is also unacceptable. Strange that you filed a bug report concerning the issue with the beta and Garmin released a final version without correcting the issue. Everything else seems to be working fine with the version10 firmware.

• On my Edge there is certainly a doubling of the ascent, on my last MTB ride The Edge had 676 hight-meters while using high-correction in Garmin Connect is was 301 meters.

Another issue I had with the software-update to version 10.0 was that my additional map, the "Open Cyclemap" was not visible. After 5 times shooting down the advice and starting up again I could see my map again, so that problem seems to be tackled, but the wrong Hight-registration is still the case.

• Can we all check if the starting elevation is corect?

• Garmin Connect:

Starting elevation 14 m (correct)

Min elevation 6 m

Max elevation 32 m

elevation gain 583 m

elevation loss 581 m

distance 100.92 km

Strava

Elevation gain after Strava correction 102 m which is definitely (closer to) real world

• Did a full reset og the device and reconnected sensors while at work. Hopefully this solves the problem, but dont know yet...

• The same. Frowning2Frowning2 + it is no longer possible to slide the card back and forth. 

• Still the same after full reset. Guess downgrading or an update from Garmin is the solution then...

the ride showed 125 meters acsent today and after correction it was 84