This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Elevation Doubled after FW 10

Anybody the same?

Girlfriend with 9.5 has the half HM. 

• Me too, my daily bike course now has 75-80hm instead of 45hm!

• Vous avez des news ! J'ai également envoyé un mail toujours sans réponse ! C'est toujours exagérer chez vous pour le dénivelé ?

• If this can help :

V.9.5 : 572 meters

V.10.0 : 613 meters

Just « for the fun », I downloaded both GPX files and loaded them into an Excel sheet.

For each point, I have the elevation (ns1 :ele tag).

I have recomputed all the elevation gains and made a total of all positive elevations.

On both files, the total is the nearly same (just a difference of 2 meters).

So, I’m pretty sure that the recording of all elevation points is correct.

IMHO, the problem should come from inside the Edge program where the computation occurs.

Eric

• Eric, could you also check the negative numbers?  Perhaps the increased elevation total comes from the dips Vs the peaks?

• Yes. The total is ... 0 ;-)  starting point is the same as end point.

• Hello All,

I wanted to let you know we are aware of this problem and working on a resolution. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and I will provide an update or resolution when one is available.

• Yes also having this issue. 10-15% more elevation with Version 10. 

• Would you also please let us know what happened, in order to be sure that the bug has been fixed? 

• thanks, please could you also help us explaining why strava live segments doesn't show anymore "best" and "recent best" on edge1030 even if we are summit users on strava? there are several request in the forum about this but no answers. with me it's appening since autumn 2018 (yes, 2 years!!!), connect and edge1030 don't sync this data, sometimes they do it wrong, usually they don't sync at all. but this function is the only reason i bought edge1030, otherwise the 805 was good enough for me. i had this problem with the first unit and i'm having it with the new one you sent me to substitute the blue halo. even changing phone with newer ones has no results. thanks and sorry if it's not the right post but in the right posts there's no member of the staff and we don't know what to do.

• I suppose this was a track with relatively many height meters, because the difference is rather small. 

can you fo thd same with a ride that’s rather flat? 
    I think the difference wi be much higher. 3 to 4 times higher.