This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

route calculations with 3 party maps doesnt work

Hi guys 

i have allways used 3rd party routable maps from openstreetmap.nl and it has allways worked but now suddenly my edge cannot calculate routes when that map is enabled ?? 

if all basemaps and the 3rd party map is enabled then the 3 suggestion routes doesnt find anything and it doesnt work on adress search either but is i disable the 3rd party map then everything works again 

anyone else seen this ?
has garmin made a limitation to try and push sales of their own maps 

• Im in Denmark 

and yes everything has been tryed also redownloaded a new map from the Site and also tryed to place the map on the built in memory in stead of the Sd card with no luck 

next i Will try the new style map 

• Denmark, so that will be the Garmin Cycle Map North East that covers your region. It's certainly very strange. I have had the odd corrupted OSM map file that I've downloaded from openstreetmap.nl, but usually in those instances the map doesn't display on the edge & I'm guessing you see that detail associated with your map on the edge.

There are also issues when you have more than one OSM map, which has map tiles that overlap an area. Will be interesting to hear if using the Generic Maps resolves your issues

• Problem solved :) 
    seems like the routable bicycle map is no longer supported 
    when i loaded the New style map everything worked again 
    thanks guys

• Great Stuff glad to see you're routing again Thumbsup

• "if all basemaps and the 3rd party map is enabled..."

There's one basemap.

• You are right to point this out. Words should not be used liberally or nothing make sense. The Edge has several map databases preloaded, namely

baseman - map of the world with little details only used to display at very high zoom levels

DEM map - ground elevation database used to compute elevation profile if the Edge has no altimeter, and a few other uses.

poi map - stuff like shops, attractions, etc

cycling map - the detailed roads map for your specific region i.e. north America, Europe, etc

trailforks - on newer devices there is the mountain biking trail map included

If one install an OSM based map that overlaps with the preloaded cycling map, then this one should be disabled to avoid conflicts. That is the only one that need to be disabled. All the other preloaded maps (including basemap) can and should remain enabled. If the OSM map does not overlap the area of the garmin cycling map then you can just leave it enabled.

• Sorry wrong Way to say it but i see all maps installed from factory as basemaps 

but the specific names Are basemap,DEM maps,poi map and Cycling map 

• In the Garmin world, "basemap" has a long-standing specific meaning. It's the general world map that doesn't happen to have much detail (and that doesn't have routing info and not enough detail (like minor roads) to be useful for navigation.

• Sorry i just see your comment as being a bit rude 

if you bother to read the Thread through you will see i Got everything solved  allready 

• ???

It was a simple explanation of the term. If you see that as rude, you just might be oversenstive.

"i see all maps installed from factory as basemaps"

If you keep seeing the installed maps as basemaps and use that term for them, you are just going to confuse people.