This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin just lowered the 1030 price to $449. New model coming out?

Garmin is now selling the 1030 for $449. Usually when Garmin drops the price significantly, it means a new model is about to be introduced.

• The 1030 still hasn't stabilized yet to where I'm comfortable recommending it,   In fairness to the Software side of the Garmin house which has taken the brunt of the ire on this, I'm led to believe (from the issues being seen over the last 12 months in particular) that the 1030 radio hardware was either "sub-optimal" or sub-optimally implemented by the Hardware engineering side of the shop.

Sooo, Hopefully the 1030+ has better (or better implemented) hardware

• I've had the 1030 for almost two years and find it very stable. I've never had any bluetooth issues other than the remote did not work well until I think about 7 months ago and live tracking would stop but that has been fixed too. I would not hesitate recommending the 1030. I suppose the cpu could be faster but I find the route calculating time is not a issue.

• I would love to beta test their software :)

• based on Garmin page: 24 hours battery (probably due new SONY GNSS), 32 GB of storage, no SD, 1 g less and all the nice features, like MTB dynamics, trail folks, daily workout suggestion, bike alarm,..

I have my money ready...just needs to be available via Wiggle!

• based on Garmin page:

Link?