This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin just lowered the 1030 price to $449. New model coming out?

Garmin is now selling the 1030 for $449. Usually when Garmin drops the price significantly, it means a new model is about to be introduced.

• Glad you have a Karoo that actually works. Very rare. Still, it's a grossly overpriced for its limited features. I think the next version may get it right and perhaps add the audible alert they somehow forgot in the current version.

As for using a smartphone on the bike, I have tried using my Iphone and I can't see the screen very well unless I have the brightness turned all the way up and that pretty much does in the battery.

I don't have any problems with the Garmin's smartphone dependency. In  the 1 1/2 years I have used the 1030, I have never had a problem with it connecting to my Iphone. The guys I ride with also don't have problems. The comments I read here about connectivity issues baffle me.

However, I do have Livetrack problems in that it sometimes does not track properly and many times it will not end the session when the ride is saved. I think part of the cause may be my phone not getting a good signal in more remote areas. Strangely, the RodeID tracking app on the Iphone for years does not experience tracking problems and has worked perfectly.  I like how it sends a text message instead of a email to my wife to notify her I have started my ride and also when I have finished the ride. I wonder why Garmin can't use the same approach as the RoadID app.

• Where did you see the price on Garmin’s site was 599.  I have a 1000 and want to upgrade but don’t want to get the 1030 if a new one is coming soon 

• https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/567991

It shows the current full price of $599. The 1030 is no longer on sale (for $499).

• I was actually lucky and amazon forgot to change the price last week and I was able to buy it for 449 lol! a minute after I placed my order they immediately changed the price to 599.  

• I see that Bike Tires Direct currently has the 1030 for $449 - looks like the price is good thru 4 Jan 2020

• I've been waiting for months for my REI dividend to purchase a 1030 and finally got it a week ago.  Then I noticed REI still has it listed at $600 where everyone else has it at $399.  So I called my local store to see what was up.  I was told they don't have it in stock, there was 1 available in the Denver store, and they are not getting any new stock from Garmin. 

So I guess this means a new one is coming soon?  But still no word?

• I just purchased an Edge 1030 from REI last week for $399. The price is now back up to $599, but they do have them in stock.

• On the FCC-Side you see the Name of a possible Successor  Edge 1030plus   

• That means it will be out in 1 month! Great! I just got my money back from my supplier for faulty 1030, so I will wait...

• That means it will be out in 1 month!

Which means safe to purchase in 13 months. start the countdown