This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Climb Pro on Garmin Edge 1030

When will the flagship model Edge 1030 get the Climb Pro and other features found already on the cheaper models like 830 or 530 ?
I know these were promised for 1030, but it's been several months and nothing is out yet, not even an exact date. This is totally unfair for the people who paid a lot of money for the most expensive product from Garmin.

• I'm not sure it will come on 1030. I finally caved in and bought an 830 because of ClimbPro (I've wanted something like that for a decade or more), and with the beta ClimbPro is amazing, just what I've wanted. But I see enough other tweaks and fixes the 830 has for bugs that have always existed on the 1030 that it makes me think it won't be possible to have all of that back-ported and maybe Garmin developed a new platform that the new devices use.

• This is such a rubbish. I don't get why the most expensive product line get inferior features than the cheaper and newer line? What's wrong with this picture. We should have gotten the updated feature. Such an insult to the customer who bought their most expensive product line.

• It's not really an insult is it? Most of the time you buy a product based on the feature set it has at that point in time. Did you buy it knowing that ClimbPro may be coming out later? My car doesn't have Apple Carplay but current models do, should I go and have a go at the manufacturer about it? 

• You are right! I blame Garmin many times, like DCRainmaker did, about software quality. But you cannot pretend about upgrade and new features, what you have is what you buy at the moment you buy it, this is the base.

Anyway there's a BUT, and it is the marketing communication error that Garmin made. They wrong create expectation declaring ClimbPro support months ago. This is an error, maybe a worse error than the software quality. Next time it is better they do not promise anything, and make a device stable and reliable, maybe without adding any new feature.

Because this is what we want: stable devices, with the working features they have at the moment we buy them!

• thats not totally correct, Garmin have a product line:

Forerunner 45 -> Forerunner 245 (Music) -> Forerunner 645 (Music) -> Forerunner 945

the 945 is the best in this product line and the most expanisve device, with the most features

from my logic view on the Edge xx30 series:

Edge 130 -> Edge 530 -> Edge 830 -> Edge 1030

that means, normally we have to get more features on 1030 as all the new 530/830 have!  Joy

if they release a 540 or 840 Edge, then it's clear, you have to buy a Edge 1040 if you want the new features Stuck out tongue winking eye

• Yes you are right, or better, you are right logically.
    In reality, even with regards to product names, I believe it is yet another mess of communication and product management.

They continue to create wrong expectation about product. They are great in hardware but about product management and software they are a step below :D

• It's it more logical that the 530 is better than the 520 which is better than the 500.

Do you expect Garmin to release new devices in this case, 530 & 830 and hold back features?  

• you are right and don't forget, the 530 and 830 have faster processors too, anyway, my replace to 830 is on the way! Grimacing

• - I think you will be surprised. Slight smile