This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incident detection sensitivity

I know this was discussed in a previous thread, with 3.40. It was intermixed with some other issues and I am wondering, generally, if we cannot help ourselves (and Garmin) to try and list out problems in separate threads, so that they can identify how big the problem is, if there is one

So, having moved to 3.50 having never had incident detection fire off previously.....I had it twice on a 60k ride today. Nearly soiled myself as I wondered what the *** the noise was, as I had to slow quickly from about 20mph to 5mph (no lockups, just slowed reasonably fast). 3.20 definitely was not that sensitive for detection, and I am wondering if there is a setting that can be tweaked (a new UI for high/med/low sensitivity ?). I really don't want to turn it off, like the other threads have indicated...as it is a useful feature - just not if it goes off for braking a little more exuberantly. Anyone else had this trigger moreso now ?
  • Same for me this morning, gentle stop, triggered, couldn’t shut the alarm off - desperate calls from the wife to see if I’m ok. Not the first time this has happened, problem is that if I do have an accident the chances are the notification will be ignored because of all the false alarms...

This is a serious issue, please sort it out.

• I have had exactly the same experiences.  Ended up giving up on incident detection, as I have for LiveTrack.   Great ideas, poorly implemented and not useable in real world - sigh.

• one month ago i had a real incident and the dections worked as it have to work, my brother called me 1 minute later, haven't any false alarms with FW 7.50

• had an incident detection going off 3 times sofar, everytime when I had a flat tyre.

• Happend to me twice on one short ride, I'd put it down to my out-front mount and hard tyres, along with rumble strips, but I do the same ride every day, it's totally random. The worst part is frantically trying to find any kind of 'cancel' button if it doesn't show automatically.

• It happens to me regularly now and I’m ready to turn it off. I like the idea in an emergency but it’s too big of a pain to deal with every other ride. Would prefer to adjust sensitivity if possible.

• Totally agree.  I had to disable it as it goes off to frequently and then I lose my route tracking

• I disabled it since I kept having a problem getting it to NOT send the alert, and then every time it killed the connection to my phone for Livetrack.  It ended up being less safe for my wife actually NOT knowing where to get me if I fell off into the proverbial ditch with having Incident Detection on which kept killing the connection to the phone.  Leaving it off, my wife can track me ok, and if I stay stationary for too long, she'll call.

• Same here - had to disable it because it goes off on every bike ride.  Maybe a sensitivity setting would help?

• Even just not killing the activity recording would be helpful.  Worst part is, I lost my ride right in the middle