This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DI2 - no connectivity to 1030

I have di2 kit - latest version, with latest firmware.

With my garmin 1000 I can connect to the di2 - with my new garmin 1030 with latest version installed it does not connect no mater how many times I press the shifters.

On my phone I can use the shimano e-tube app to connect to the di2 so I know it's functional.

Other sensors connect fine to the garmin 1030 - such as garmin remote, garmin speed sensor etc.

What do I need to do to get the Garmin 1030 working with the DI2?
  • do you guys get a battery level? mines doesnt show up
  • When trying to add the sensor, have you tried 'Search All' rather than specifically searching for the Di2? When I was setting mine up last week, my Garmin speed sensor just wouldn't show up when I searched for a speed sensor, but when I used Search All, it showed up straight away.
  • I had this issue trying to pair my 1030 to Di2. Worked ok on 820 before. Wouldn't connect next to the bike at home but would once i was out cycling for a few minutes it would. Battery level isn't in pre-set screen but if you touch and hold the blank middle box you can look for it and select it. Mines working ok except for auto upload.
  • I'll echo the above in that:

To pair, I had to use 'search all'
    Worked inside
    Outside pairing would initially occur, but dropped shortly after starting ride.... during the ride, the sensor would go in and out -- 98% out, 2% in..

I'm running the most recent DI2 firmware. My old 1000 paired very nicely with the DI2 sensor...
  • Had tried a search all without success loads of times.

In the end found someone with a garmin they connected to my di2 fine first time, I then did a fresh search all and it picked it up - all very odd and frustrating
  • I am having the same problem. My Edge 1030 won't connect to my D-Fly Di2. My Edge 520 does, my Edge 520 plus does, so does my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt as well as the E-tube software. No matter how many times I power cycle the Edge 1030 it won't connect. The 1030 has the latest software, as does my Di2.
  • My Di2 system (R8070) have worked great together with the 1030. Everything works great, it connects when it should.
    The only little "hick-up" I have had was that once I power up everything the Edge showed a low battery warning for the Di2 system when the battery level was at 80% charged. That has only happen once.
  • Since updating to the E1030 to version 5 my Di2 connection has been dropping out quite regular during rides, for a 3 hour ride probably at least 10 times. I have also noticed more regular a very brief message on the top screen, really quite small text "Di2 Mode 1". I didn't get that message before the upgrade either.

If I wait the Di2 will eventually re-connect after 5 mins or less but certainly more than a couple of minutes. I can manual re-connect from the 1030 rather than wait.

I have tried to remove the Di2 and then add again,and found that I had to do a search all before the Di2 was found as others have mentioned

This has only been happening since version 5 installed.

Something has definitely changed?
  • Nothing has changed.

I've not experienced any connection problems with my Di2 (9150 Groupset), it connects fairly quickly. If there is a long delay between power on of the 1030 and actual activation of shift levers it can possibly time out and all that is needed is a tap on "connect," or just give it a little time after activating a shift lever. Typically after the "Di2 Found" message (or whatever you have named it), a notification appears that you mentioned, "Shift Mode S2" (or S1 or M) This indicates which mode you are in: Full synchro shift, Semi-synchro shift or Manual. This is not new.
  • I definitely think there is a bug in 5.0 that causes Di2 connection to drop quite regularly and reconnect. When it drops, my gear display field shows zeros and buttons to control the Garmin screens from the shifters don't work. Then it reconnects with the message Shift Mode 2 or something like that. I think it is related to BT connection to the phone being enabled. A few days ago I did a 150 mile ride with BT off on the Garmin. The Di2 connection to Garmin was perfectly stable the whole time as it should be. I always got the alerts about the synchro shifting, could always control the Garmin from the shifter buttons and see the gear status. Today I did a 25 mile ride with BT on and connected to my phone. The Di2 connection dropped/reconnected more than a dozen times.