This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DI2 - no connectivity to 1030

I have di2 kit - latest version, with latest firmware.

With my garmin 1000 I can connect to the di2 - with my new garmin 1030 with latest version installed it does not connect no mater how many times I press the shifters.

On my phone I can use the shimano e-tube app to connect to the di2 so I know it's functional.

Other sensors connect fine to the garmin 1030 - such as garmin remote, garmin speed sensor etc.

What do I need to do to get the Garmin 1030 working with the DI2?
  • Excuse my error folks, and let me correct myself I have the EW-WU101.

My thoughts were that perhaps it was defective, however I can confirm it is not.

I have just completed a 61K ride using my Edge 810 and there were no drop outs what so ever, therefore all Di2 components on the bike are in working order.

That leaves me to conclude it is either in the software, as all was well before Version 5, or it is hardware and I need to return the E1030?

Time to submit a ticket I guess :(
  • What you may want to try is to back-up you settings, profiles etc. Do a reset and then restore them.
  • What you may want to try is to back-up you settings, profiles etc. Do a reset and then restore them.

Yeah, I had tried that last week, although I didn't do to well at saving my profiles and had to create them again lol
  • Same Problem, Di2 regularly disconnects and reconnects all the time (bt on and live track on). Additionally the 1030 shuts down completely when calculating a new route 4-5 times if the intended route can not be followed (blocked roads etc). This device is so annoying and makes me totally angry. Not enjoying a single ride. I'd throw my phone in the trashcan if it would act like this. I just hope another manufacturer will integrate the radar (the only thing which is really reliable but actually the company was only bought by Garmin...) sometime, and I'll leave Garmin for good!
  • I have a EW-WU101, connected via ANT+. Doesn't cause me any issues, doesn't disconnect, seems to be OK for me.
    Having said that, the other day I charged my Di2 overnight, and the following ride the 1030 didn't connect to Di2, and also seemed to block my cadence and Varia. After the ride, the 1030 prompted that a new Di2 device was found, with the same ID as what I already have. I'm assuming this was a BT connection??? Anyway, I dismissed that, and haven't had any issues since. I'm using 5.00 firmware.
  • Take it to the bike shop. The latest update has killed the dfly unit. I have all the Bluetooth sensors working and di2 all working  and tested it on the old 520 aswell and same problem Tried disconnecting the battery and nothing. Thanks Shimano for messing up the Dfly unit. Prior to the upgrade it was working like a charm.

• Take it to the bike shop. The latest update has killed the dfly unit. I have all the Bluetooth sensors working and di2 all working  and tested it on the old 520 aswell and same problem Tried disconnecting the battery and nothing. Thanks Shimano for the Dfly unit. Prior to the upgrade it was working like a charm.

Moderator's note: edited for profanity

• G'day mate I am having the same problem with the edge 1000 too it was working fine before update. After that it crashed the Dfly unit. 

I have sent it to the bike shop for them to find problem. I will let you know the result.