This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No. of distances distorted - will FR255 buying repair it?

Hello,

I have used Garmin Swim (1) for years and it has always counted my distaces perfectly. Baterry was perfect (1+ year on one battery!). But after it stops working (know problem with leakage after years of usage) I have bought Swim 2 and it seems to me I worst my money :-(

Swim 2 drops distances regullary, with no reason, swiming alone on pool, the same styles like before suddenly watch looses his mind...

So, I wonder to buy ForeRunner 255, maybe they corrected the swim algorithm there? Maybe the hardware used there is better ther to take it? Please, if somebody uses FR255 - tell if it is good form pool swimming.

Thanks in advance, greetings to all!

• Proceeding of swimming activity in the pools did seem to me not too complicated. And it was not complicated when I was using Garmin Swim (1) for a few years - maybe one-two incorrect count a month. Last day my Garmin Swim 2 displayed a "new record" after swimming, making my speed on the Michael Phelps level :-) Of course by adding me laps (and the time was as it was). So, not only the swimming technique could be a problem, but having all my history the watch should calculate, that swimming suddenly so fast is just impossible (2x faster with 2x fewer strokes...)