This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

more control on 'rest' intervals in workout

when I create pool swim workout plan, in some cases I need to create a 'pyramid' which has different sections that instead of 'fixed' rest time in second, I want to use time from the beginning of the previous exercise. While in some exercises I can use the 'fixed repetition time' there are 2 scenarios I can't do it:

Scenario 1:
When the intervals are the same in length but the time lap between them is different. Example: 
a. 100 m, crawl (exit after 2:00 minutes, counting  from beginning of a. to beginning of step b)
b. 100 m, medley, first half of each length is V4 and second half is V2 (exit after 2:15" from beginning of step b to step c)
c. 100 m, <something else>
because from beginning of step (a) to beginning of step (b) the time is 2:00",  while from b to c it is 2:15" I can not use the 'repetition fixed time' option.

Another case (scenario 2):
when I have an exercise that has parts with different lengths and different 'exit times', but still I want to time the beginning of each step as a 'time passed from the beginning of the previous step' (rather than an arbitrary rest time in seconds). Example:

a. 400 m, crawl, each 4th length '***' - start step b 8:00" from the time of starting step a

b. 100 m, medley - start step c 2:00" from time of starting step b

c. 4x50, crawl (exit time of 50 seconds from previous interval of 50).

Currently the workout 'language' requires me to 'estimate/guess' how much time I'll have between end of step a and start of step b and use 'rest' with the estimated time, instead of the fixed time interval (and similarly to guess the 'rest' time between end of step b and beginning of step c).

In simpler words, currently between steps I can use for 'Rest' either 'rest time in seconds' or 'lap button press', while I would wish also to have the option of 'fixed repetition time', which will allow me to 'code' also non-uniform exercises like the above where the rest time will be implied by how long it took from the beginning of the previous step.