This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery Drain in Open Water at low temperature

Hi all

For my last 3 open water swims in temps of 2.9 degs C, 3.6  degs C and 2.3 degs C my watch has died just after 9 mins.    My Swim2 is about 4 years old.  Is it the cold water that affects it like this?  Does the battery need replacing?   I had done a system reset on it a couple of months ago as it was very inaccurate at pool distances for a while but that  now seems to be ok again.  For info, I swam in 6.2 deg water at beginning of December with no problem.

When I plug it back in on my return home the swim up to the point that the watch died is still showing on the watch ready to be saved.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Wow, thats really cold water!

Cold affects batteries, but normally not as much that a fully charged battery dies after 9 mins. They should last longer in cold waters than you... I would guess that a battery replacement will be needed. Do you experience fast discharge at normal temperatures, and fast charging times as well?

• I would suggest wearing the watch on the inside of your wrist where your body heat can keep it slightly warmer, but I doubt it would help the battery last longer. It really seems like something is wrong with the battery. Btw, I am impressed with the temperature of the water you are swimming in. I know it is an effective way to get an adrenaline rush, but when I am too tired to do such activities, I turn to https://legalbet.uk/ to check the latest sports news and look for interesting events to bet on. Guys have everything to help you keep up with the world of sports and make successful bets.