Swim 2 crashes and restarts during pool swim (Software Version 2.90)

Hello,

During my pool swim workouts, the Swim 2 watch will occasionally crash and restart itself. The result is that I will have an incomplete log of my workout. I purchased a Swim 2 at the end of November (2022). It has Software Update 2.90 (the latest available)

Details...

Product: Swim 2 watch

Software Version: 2.90 (latest available at time of this post)

When it happens:

• I will swim a workout that has been created in Garmin Connect.
  • When pressing the lap button to complete an interval, the Swim 2 watch will sometimes crash/restart itself.
  • I have had it crash/restart when going to "save" a completed workout (but this is rarer)
  • I swim 5-6 times every week. It happens at least once in 3-4 of those workouts.

Why this is a problem:

• After crash/restart, some data will be available in Garmin Connect but it will be incomplete.
  • The swim will not be logged on my watch display (showing distance)
  • Often, the last few lengths/intervals are missing from the workout.

Additional notes:

• The v2.90 release notes for the Garmin Swim 2 software indicates "Fix occasional device reset upon completing a Garmin Connect swim workout" - this is clearly is NOT the case. The issue persists in v2.90.
    • I see that there are numerous forum posts of this crashing, but many are several months/years old. v2.90 still has this crashing issue.
  • I have tried disabling Bluetooth phone connections during my swims - this seems to have no affect on crashing/restarting
  • I do not have any third-party widgets installed. Only built-in Garmin widgets are installed
  • The distance and time duration of my swim do not seem to be a factor. I have had the watch crash during a short 400 yard swim and in the middle of a 3000 yard swim.

Current workaround (not ideal):

• I now program several shorter workouts for a single session - so if I experience a crash/restart, I know I will not risk losing a larger portion of my workout data.
  • Hi,

I've also updated to ver. 3.10 yestetday so I still need to test it few times in pool with repetitive workouts to see if this new release is helping with this issue. I've tried to search release info what is included in thi release but I did not find it.

• Here is release note for 3.10 sw version, there are some bug fixes connected with stability, so lets hope it will improve situation with restarts:

Garmin Swim 2 Software Update 3.10 - Live

Software version 3.10 for the Garmin Swim 2 is currently at 100% rollout. This update can be downloaded through Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile when available.

Change Log for 3.10:

• Increase number of allowed workout steps to 100
    • Bug fixes for stability
  • Hi, just to add, now 2 months after update to sw 3.10, issu with restart did not happen any more, not even once and I'm using many  repetition during each swim. So we can finaly conclude that thi issue is resolved wit 3.1 sw release