This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim 2 adding multiple lengths every workout

Hey everyone!

I've been eyeing the Garmin Swim 2 for a while, and I finally got it. I was super excited - until I actually tried it.

I've swum with it 3 times so far, and every time, it adds random laps to my workout. I've tried stopping and raising my hands at the end of each lap, I've tried swimming slowly, doesn't help. Once in a while, I'd just swim 25 meters and it would tack on 50.

Not talking one or two laps per session either. It turned an 1100-meter workout into a 1400-meter one, in a 25m pool. That's a huge disparity. 

I won't lie, I'm disappointed. My $30 Mi Band was more accurate at tracking distance. Is this fixable? 

• Most probably its a fault in your swimming style. Been there, so I am talking from experience. I do not know which swim stroke you use, but the general rules apply to all of them. Additional turn detection during a swim can happen if:

- you change speed during a length

- you need to stop and restart because of other swimmers or obstacles

- you change swimming style during a length

- you make some wonky movements underwater (typically in freestyle, overrotation and moving hands across the centerline causes this)

- if you use auto rest, you shake your hands during the resting periods