This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Swim 2 Incorrect Distance Measurement and GPS tracking

Hi, 

I have just used my Garmin Swim 2 bought few months ago to do some open water swimming and I have noticed an error in both distance measurement and GPS tracking. Below what the route should have been from Google maps and what has been tracked by the watch:

In addition to the wrong measurement (Garmin 3.2km, Google 2.8km), the route tracked by the watch is partially wrong.

Weather conditions were cloudy, so I do not know if this may have impacted on the correct GPS tacking. Anyway, GPS settings were set to GPS+.

This is the first time I notice the error on the route, while I see the error on the distance measurement is present in all the open water swimming activities done. 

Has anyone faced a similar issue? Do you know how to solve or at least minimize the error? 

Thanks! 

• I have just purchased a Swim 2 and have the same problems on open water swim.

Is there anything I might be doing wrong?

Ken

• Same happening here. I´ve already tried with GPS + Galileu and GPS + Glonass options and it´s even more inaccuarte. I swim with a group of people and all their watches (mostly Garmin but other models) have no big differences. Mine is cutting down 2km out of a 4km swim!! 

• I believe all of Garmin watches do a terrible job of OWS and GPS. I had issues with the Fenix 6 and now with the Epix2.  All of these watches are using the same GPS chipset and SW algorithm and try to do what they can but it doesn't work well.  Its a shame.

• I agree with all the feedback below.  It is very inconsistent and frustrating.