This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where is number of laps on Garmin swim 2?

Okay after spending nearly £200 on a watch for swimming I am baffled as to where it displays the NUMBER of lengths? I don't mean the number of metres completed, but the actual number of lengths. 

I have used it twice now and both times were inaccurate in terms of the distance. If I want to do 2KM or 80 lengths in a session, or 40 or whatever, I want this number to show somewhere. I have even checked the data in the Garmin Connect on my phone and the web version an still can't find the number of laps. 

I have it linked to Swimtag and MySwimPro both of which showed the number of laps. This is basic piece of info, the reason I bought the watch and it should be there. I don't want to to have to do all these calculations from the metres while I am swimming, I just want to count the laps. 

• I have the same question. Does Garmin answer here?

• As yet I have not had a reply here from Garmin or anyone. I am still finding that need to do my own lap counting in my head and mental calculations!! The other day I swam 28 lengths. I had to try and work out what 25m x 28 was in my head, so that I could verify if what was showing on my watch was correct!! The watch makes the swim really stressful. Hope someone can clarify whether the number of laps is possible to get on the watch screen. 

• It has to be there. All the reviews mention that it counts laps plus there is no way it could count strokes without counting laps! Can someone help us here from Garmin?

• I am in the process of trying to speak to an advisor at Garmin. Been on hold for a while, been transferred then on hold again, then cut off. If I get to speak to someone I will ask them and inform them of this question we have asked. 

• Isn't this forum sponsored by Garmin? Why don't they answer here? Why make this so difficult?

• I called Garmin today and I spoke with Brian. I only had to wait on the phone about 2 minutes to get through. Brian was clearly knowledgeable about the software and he was able to help me find the number of laps.

Basically you go to the software on the phone and you find the four icons going across the screen. The third one from the left is like an arrow which loops around you click that one. Then you have to put your phone in portrait mode and turn it sideways so you can see more data going across the screen and presto there it is!

Brian also helped me to put the numbers that I want on the front screen of the watch itself when I'm swimming. To summarize briefly you just go to data screens and then you can set which numbers you want to appear.

The five buttons on the Garmin swim 2 are pretty intuitive. Before the tech representative could tell me what to do I was guessing. But without his help I would have had a little bit of difficulties. There seems to be a bit of a shortage of YouTube videos and web pages to explain in detail how to use this particular model. Once you understand it a little bit it really is quite good! So far I'm very very happy with this watch. Also with Garmin customer service. 

• ou can set your device to use the Auto Lap® feature, which marks a lap automatically at every kilometer or mile. You can also mark laps manually. This feature is helpful for comparing your performance during different parts of an activity.

1. From the watch face, select START.
    2. Select an activity.
    3. Select Options > Laps > Auto Lap.

if you want ultrasoun scan go to phoenix ultrasound

• Hi sorry for my late reply and thanks for all this info. Glad you spoke to someone at Garmin who was helpful. I too spoke to someone but they weren't helpful as I did not get all this advice. So I had seen the lengths on the phone app when you rotate the screen but I could not see it on the watch screen while swimming. Have you managed to get this info to show on your watch face now when swimming?

I should call them back and ask for Brian.

• I have used this feature - basically it beeps or vibrates when you reach the milestone you have set right? I need the crude number of laps, rather than the mile or km on the front of the watch while swimming.