This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Advice for buying swimm 2

I am a swimmer. I swim in swimming pool.
This is almost my only sport activity, but I swim a lot.
I found on your website that there is a special watch for swimmers : Garmin Swimm 2
However, there are also other suggestions such as Forerunners 255
I also saw that Garmin Swimm 2 is pretty "old" now (2 years)

So here are my question :
1) What are the advantages (if any) as a swimmer to choose Swimm 2 over Forerunner 255
2) does the cardio detected behind the watch is the same quality for both Swimm 2 and forerunner 255 ?
3) I am not interested in all the smart connect functionality (such as calling and SMS) : does it change the game ?

Best regards

• Get the Forerunner 255. It seems to be indentical in terms of swimming features to the Swim 2, while also having extensive running features and lots of other sports profiles and apps. The Swim 2 is really lackluster when it comes to other sports. Plus it's really getting quite old now. I have the feeling Garmin will abandon the Swim Line.

• If it says "Swimm" it is probably a knockoff.  (sorry, bad joke)

The Swim 2 is the world's finest all swimming watch, and it does a couple other things too.

It's sleek and slim.  I always like a good deal too, and as it has been awhile since release you can get one very cheaply.  So cheaply, you should get it first. You'll probably like it, and if not, give it away and get your newer Garmin.  I'll bet you'll like the less expensive Swim 2 and keep it.