This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

pool counts

Please could you tell me what I am doing wrong.
In indoor swimming, my swim 2 is not counting or showing pools completed while in session ( the display shows ---). It only shows once the session is paused/completed. I would like to know how many pools completed while swimming.

Thank you

Ran

• I had the same problem. During a 4km swim in a 25m pool, it first wrote out the length number after 17 lengths, up to which point it showed "--". After that, it would only update the length number intermittently. When I finished the swim, I pressed the stop button, the watch showed 3325 meters, and after a while it corrected to 3850 meters. Very annoying. A week ago the watch was working fine (I bought it shortly before), then the watch did some update, then the problem came up.

• In my case the lengths get updated only when I pause/stop a session and not during a session. Never had that in my Vivoactive 3

• Ten Zegarek ma wadę technologiczną: pływam od ponad 15 lat regularnie i korzystam z Swimm 2 od 8 miesięcy pływając na basenie 25 metrowym dystanse 1000-2000 m stylem dowolnym i 100-200 stylem klasycznym. Raz na 10 treningów zegarek Swimm 2 poda prawidłowo przepłynięty dystans, a najczęściej "gubi" od 1 do 3 lub nawet 4 basenów! Poza tym ma problemy z poprawnym rozpoznawaniem stylu pływania: klasyczny i dowolny miesza z grzbietowym! Czasami zdarza się, że Swimm 2 doda dodatkowe baseny - u mnie bywało, że doliczył jeden dodatkowy basen dwa lub trzy razy. Pomoc techniczna firmy Garmin od 8 miesięcy twierdzi, że problemem jest mój styl pływania, że wykonuję niekontrolowane i nieskoordynowane ruchy, że pływam nierównym tempem, że mam za niską kadencję uderzeń, że źle wykonuję nawrót, itd. Radzą, żebym założył Swimm 2 na drugi nadgarstek, żebym ustawił poprawną długość basenu i odpowiednie jednostki /metry nie inne/ - od 8 miesięcy traktują mnie jak imbecyla podając takie rady! Miałem już dwie wymiany tego produktu Swimm 2 i trzeci zegarek wykazuje takie same wady: najczęściej opuszcza 1 do 4 basenów na 40-60 basenów przepłyniętych i to na pierwszych 200 metrach! Dalszą część dystansu raportuje z reguły poprawnie. Jego inne funkcje monitorowania aktywności i stanu formy działają bez zarzutu, choć zdarza się, że GPS nagrywa niezbyt dokładnie trasę rowerową lub biegu: ścieżka może biec parę metrów obok! Poza tymi wadami pływackimi jest OK - ale to przecież smartwatch dla pływaków! Absurd!

• This watch has a technological drawback: I have been swimming regularly for over 15 years and have been using the Swimm 2 for 8 months swimming in the 25m pool, 1000-2000m freestyle and 100-200 breaststroke. Once in 10 workouts, the Swimm 2 watch will tell you the correct distance, and most often it "loses" from 1 to 3 or even 4 pools! Besides, it has problems with the correct recognition of the swimming style: classic and freestyle mixes with backstroke! Sometimes Swimm 2 will add additional pools - I have had one additional pool added two or three times. Garmin's technical support has been saying for 8 months that my swimming style is a problem, that I make uncontrolled and uncoordinated movements, that I swim at an uneven pace, that my stroke cadence is too low, that I have a wrong turn, etc. They advise me to wear Swimm 2 on the second wrist to set the correct pool length and the appropriate units / meters not different / - for 8 months they have been treating me like an imbecile giving such advice! I have already had two exchanges of this Swimm 2 product and the third watch shows the same disadvantages: it most often leaves 1 to 4 pools in 40-60 pools swam in the first 200 meters! He usually reports the rest of the distance correctly. Its other activity and fitness tracking functions work fine, although sometimes the GPS does not record your bike or running route very accurately: the path may run a few meters alongside! Apart from these swimming disadvantages, it's OK - but it's a smartwatch for swimmers! Absurd!