This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Large Battery Drain While Powered Off?

I keep my Swim 2 in my gym bag, only powering it on before a swim and turning it off after a swim, with my 945 as my main watch when not swimming. I have noticed that even when just in my gym bag and powered down, I need to recharge it every week or so. I would expect the watch while powered off, only actively in use 60-120 minutes a week with no GPS should last for several weeks.

• Unfortunately. I also have found this "issue"...I normaly use a Fenix 6 pro and only the Swim2 to swim and switch it off after training. Hence, I have the same problem...
    Strange as it is, I also found that an old Fenix 3 has now(!) the same problem...

• Have you found solution? Having same problem as watch is not daily used, but must charge before any workout -  really annoying.

• I did not, and as I do not really use much the Swim2 beyond the 3 weekly pool workouts, I just keep recharging it more offen...but the problem does not seem as serious as yours.

I suggest you contact Garmin support.

• I have the same problem. I contacted Garmin support and they exchanged it for brand new watch. This has exactly the same problem!  Guess I'll just have to remember to charge it up the day before I go swimming. Frustrating because it is otherwise a fantastic device.

• It seems that these watches use the power off function as a "sleep" or "standby". That means, if you power it off, it switches off the screen only, but ALL of the internal processes keep going. I do not understand why it uses so much power for that, but Swim2, and I guess all of the Garmin smartwatches last not much more in simple OFF mode, than in normal ON watch mode.

Solution?

If you need to keep the watch off for long time, switch it off with a "soft reset", what is the proper power off (keep pushing upper left "light" button until watch switches off - about 10-15 sec - and let it off). Note, that after powering it on when you want to use it, you need to sync with phone or GPS for proper time data.

I noticed this issue as I had to be off from the pool for 3 weeks, and after several days the battery went down by 20%. Since then the battery seems to be stayed at the 80% mark. Normally the watch lasted for about 1 week, even if I switched it on only for swimming. Now I will switch it off properly, lets see for how long will it last this way.

• Well, in case of everyday usage I did not find any significant difference between proper shut down and the normal off. Also some functions ceased to work normally (weekly distance). So it seems that the normal shut down is enough in most cases. If you want to keep your watch off for a week or longer, then the proper long power down is the way to go.

• I have the same problem with my Swim 2  I guess it's a design flaw, watch this expensive should not have these issues.