This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error In Stroke Detection After Auto Rest

I did a short 600m swim. I did the first 500m (10 laps) in Freestyle with flip turns. Then I rested (without pressing the lap button and allowed the auto rest detection to recognise that I was resting) for 1 minute. After which, I did a 100m (2 laps) Breaststroke. At the end of the workout when reviewed the Garmin Connect App it showed that I did 12 laps of Breaststroke instead of first 10 laps being Freestyle and the last 2 laps being Breaststroke. The interval detected was correct though i.e., 10 laps swim, followed by 1 minute of rest and 2 laps swim.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to press the Lap button? Based on manual, I shouldn't since the auto rest should do just that for me. 

• The stroke detection is tricky. You might do everything fine, or you might have flawed freestyle stroke, I can not evaluate. However for me the watch detects breaststroke instead of freestyle if the watch is on my left wrist. If I wear in on my right, it detects freestyle correctly. So flipping it to the other arm might help.

I think that it does not matter if you use auto rest.

• Et moi j’ai pourtant opté pour la détection de mouvements mais nul part je n’en vois la trace dans les statistiques relatives à mes séances d’entraînement : aucune indication du type de nage pratiquée au cours des différents intervalles ; seuls sont mentionnés le numéro d’intervalle, le temps, la distance et l’allure moyenne (au 100m). 
    En fait le seul intérêt de cette option serait l’utilisation du journal d’entraînement au cours de la séance ? Mais selon la notice, ce journal est précisément utile pour isoler des exercices qui ne sont pas en nage complète... Donc à quoi sert la détection des mouvements ?