This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Swim 2 - GPS is not working well

Hi everyone!

Need some help with my Garmin Swim 2, I've been using them for the last 3 weeks, and for this period of time, I had only ONE successful attempt to pick up a GPS signal.

I tried on the water, on the open area and etc. The result is always the same, it's trying to catch a GPS signal for a few minutes but the progress bar never gets green.

P.S. I've checked the firmware and it seems to be up to date (OS version - 2.60, GPS - 2.90, CPE: Current)

• Check also the CPE status. Its on the same menu page than SW, GPS, etc. version, but you need to scroll further. I guess that your CPE file is expired. In case you do not sync with the watch or Garmin Express regularly, the CPE file expires about in a week. If CPE is up to date, it says "current"

CPE file update:

- connect watch to your computer, sync with Garmin Express

OR

- keep bluetooth connection of watch and phone for a while. Even if they say that they are finished syncing, CPE file update might be in progress.

OR

- let the watch outside with GPS on untouched for 15 minutes. Earlier this updated the CPE file for me. SOme people reported that it did not work for them. 

• Thank you for replying!
    Checked the CPE file. It says, "CPE: Current".

• Maybe a soft reset can help. Push upper left (light) button for about 15 sec until watch shuts down. Switch on the watch. This can release stuck things after an update. I have no more ideas, for me the GPS lock is very fast, usually about 15 sec.

• Yeaaaaah! It helped, thank you so much!
    I was so upset the last few weeks due to this GPS issue and finally, I was able to fix it with your help!

• Thx, that worked for me too. To he fair,  I probably haven't reset, even turned off, my swim2 for 6 months! I'll make a note to do it once a month.