This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Garmin Swim 2 logs my open water swim workouts as pool workout to Apple Health and Strava (Thus no Map appears)?

I received my Garmin Swim 2 today and tried it out with an open water swimming session. After the session Garmin Connect App showed the Map and also the other metrics such as stroke count, swolf etc... However when I looked at Apple Health, Healthfit and Strava, my open water swim session was recorded as a Pool Swim and thus there was no Map shown, also no stroke count, no swolf and no pace is being shown on these three Apps. What may be the reason?

• I can only tell about strava and garmin data. Strava is very basic regarding swim data, for pool swims it displays distance/time/pace/HR, but with HR only lap average. For OW it displays map, HR and pace. No stroke count, no swolf, nothing special. 

Strava android app adds stroke rate as well.

Also you can edit in strava if it is pool swim or OW, and the visualization is completely different for the two.

For analysis Garmin Connect is way better than Strava