This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim 2 error that delete historic data for the day after an open water swim

I have had my Swim 2 for 5 month and been swimming with it open water about 5 times each week during that time. For the past 4 to 6 weeks I have noticed something annoying. On a regular basis (say about once a week or so) my Swim 2 watch have rebooted as I was saving my just completed swim. This reboot does not delete the swim, but it does make the watch forget all the historic steeps and the HR history for that particular day along with body battery and stress levels. It does however seem to remember activities like a bike ride.

Has anyone else had that problem, and is there a fix. I believe that my firmware is up to date.

... Nielsen Slight smile

• Contact garmin support, they will ask for the complete garmin folder. From the error logs they can tell you more.

On the other hand, dropping steps and HR data is a common issue caused by 3rd party watch faces. Note, that this is just a raw guess from my side.

Also performing a soft reset (keep "light" button pressed for about 15 sec - until watch turns off), and then turning it on might solve minor issues.

Just some more guess, you might need to delete some old activity files to free some space for the new data.

• Hi, thank you for the information. I tried the 15s reboot and the effect was exactly the same at the watch does automatically after a swim. Also it didn’t help the problem at it did it again this morning. 
    I better contact Garmin, as it is quiet annoying.