This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Incorrect pool swim log

Hi , having used the swim 2 for 4 swims now it hasn't managed to log my swims correctly once.

Every time there are missing lengths. I had a 920xt previously which logged my swims perfectly

I am using auto sets, Because of covid restrictions we are stopping a couple of metres short at the end of an interval. I suppose this could confuse things but it isn't consistent, I usually get robbed of about 100m per 3000m interval set in odd 25s here and there. ie 100s recorded as 75s.

The strange thing is when I break down each interval, on a swim with a length missing the last length is always double the time of the others (2 lengths merged into 1) but the stroke count is the same. Surley that should be double as well if the watch is still recording until I stop swimming?

• If you are using auto-rest, it seems to be quite hard to get 100% right and mine never gets it. Usually I'm 50-100m out for a 4km or so session which isn't the end of the world. It measures fine for normal swimming but when you start doing drills is when the misreads seem to happen (not bothered with drill log yet so probably my fault)

• Thanks , I haven’t used the drill log yet either . I’m starting to wonder if it’s the stopping short of the end when on auto rest that’s doing it . I’m going to try manually doing it today because I find it hard to believe that it’s less accurate than my 5 year old 920 .

i wonder if it’s looking for a stroke count that’s close enough to the previous lengths and if it’s too low it decides that’s not a new length 

• Hi I get the same problem when I swin using just only legs in training.

• Arp4ferr,

This doesn't really address his problem as swim is clearly NOT doing just kicking sets with no arm movement. This is what the Drill Log feature is.

• grahamswim, I don't know if you are still having problems. Or still limited to stopping short of the end of your pool. In my experience using my Swim 2 since November, it tracks my distance quite accurately when I have a good push off the wall, which is described in other threads on this forum.

In the winter, while wearing my wetsuit, I can't do tumble turns. If I push strongly of the wall, the cold water rushes into my suit. My routine now in the winter is that I stand up at the end of the pool and just turn and start kicking. I noticed just yesterday when I lost count on my Laps and decided to let the watch track Distance as it is designed to do, that the Swim 2 often would not update Distance until mid length. I imagine this is related to not pushing off strongly.

How this helps.